× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: COD BO4 Multiplayer Issue

Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

In that case it sounds like your modem is not correctly passing traffic through to your routers. Either you have a very strict firewall on it or port forwarding has been done to a different device, something of that nature.
Message 26 of 91
MRowe
Guide

Maybe I will ask ISP to replace it for new one.. I don't really know what else I can do....

Message 27 of 91
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Factory reset the modem first, then reboot the router a few minutes after then try again
Message 28 of 91
FURRYe38
Guru

After the reset on the modem and set the modem for modem mode, see if this helps. If not, then I would recommend that you change out the modem for a newer stand alone modem with out a built in router and wifi, that your ISP supports and that you can buy. First see what they support and buy accordingly. 

See if your ISP supports NGs CM 1000/1100 or Arris SB 6183 or SB8200 or Motorola MB 7420 or 8600. All these are stand alone cable modems. No router built in. 

Message 29 of 91
MRowe
Guide

I reseted my XR500, and My ISP Cable Netgear Modem.  I set back Router Mode on ISP cable modem.

I can only play with one solution if I plug my Console into my ISP Cable modem (then Consile service workingm and any COD multiplayer also working properly). and any other tools are on my XR500, however it didn't make much sense to buy a professional game router.
I ask my ISP that he supports any other Cable Modem he said "no". That is all what I can do now. I still don't understand this situation. Anyway thank you (and everybody) for supporing me here...

Message 30 of 91
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Modem mode would be best so it can easily forward all the traffic to the router. Do you get your full speeds through the router? If you do then it's quite confusing.
Message 31 of 91
MRowe
Guide

Sorry I have to correct what I wrote, When I plug my console into ISP Cable modem that set as No Router MOde, in this case the COD multi  is working properly, but if I set my ISP modem for Router MOde the COD Multiplayer is n ot working again....

Message 32 of 91
MRowe
Guide

My question is If I use my console plugged into ISP Netgear Cable Modem set as non router mode, is it safe?
I have checked in this case the NAT type and the game says is Strict, but I can play in multiplayer properly.
What should I ask from my ISP? How to solve this?
My aplologies for my massive questions but I can't play properly for three weeks, and my good gameing roter can't handle this ... 😞 I don't know what to do.. so sad..

Message 33 of 91
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

So the modem only works in modem mode not even router mode and you get get a strict NAT console direct in modem mode? That is really very strange and not at all what should happen. I would have a look online to see if you can use a different modem with your ISP, sometimes they say they don't allow it even though you can.
Message 34 of 91
MRowe
Guide

This is the true

"So the modem only works in modem mode not even router mode and you get get a strict NAT console direct in modem mode?"
I used my older router Netgear WNDr 3800, it was the same, not worked. And as I wrote that It only wroks if my ISP router modem is in non router mode, or using my mobile 4G as a hotspot.. no any other option

Message 35 of 91
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Who is your internet service provider? Even in modem mode with the router behind it then it still doesn't like that?
Message 36 of 91
MRowe
Guide

Their name is HWR. (hwr.hu)

Message 37 of 91
FURRYe38
Guru

What is the mfr and model of the ISP Modem? 

Does this modem have a DMZ when in router mode? 

Sounds like there is a problems at the ISP modem or ISP services...

Message 38 of 91
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

I'm not getting any results for it searching for it in English, have a look online there are probably people who have used another modem with that provider.
Message 39 of 91
MRowe
Guide

@FURRYe38  Yes, It has DMZ, but did not work regarding my game issue, when I put my console in .
C6250EMR Firmware Version

V2.01.05
@Netduma-Fraser, unfortunately, I did not find any english text regarding my provider.
Message 40 of 91
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Do you require PPPoE or anything to connect to the internet? It might be worth seeing if you could borrow a modem from someone briefly and seeing if it works on your connection and the router, if so then you could buy a different modem.
Message 41 of 91
MRowe
Guide

"Do you require PPPoE or anything to connect to the internet?" NO

Yep, FURRYe38 mentioned Cable Modems (NGs CM 1000/1100 or Arris SB 6183 or SB8200 or Motorola MB 7420 or 8600) I will try one of them... That could be an option... But I still do not understand what has changed so that COD servers are not available in the game, because I did not change anything.

Thanks.

Message 42 of 91
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Yeah let us know what happens with a different modem, it certainly is very strange. You could try changing your DNS though I don’t think that would make much difference.
Message 43 of 91
MRowe
Guide

I managed to borrow a cable modem (MB7420 16x4 Cable Modem), a little help went well but I have to say the situation is the same as before regarding Call of Duty (all) multiplayer online services.
Symptom is the same. Every games run perfectly in online except all COD, I had a conversation with Activision , I asked them to confirm that again I am not banned, I am not banned , never been, I have checked my profiles , everything is OK with that.
I can still run any COD in only one case: if I put the console directly on the cable modem, and I set the cable modem into "NON Router" mode, but there is a strange thing I see not OPEN NAT but STRICT, and yet the multiplayer is moving..
I saw something about PEA mode that ISP may know and set, but my ISP completely refused and said they check everything, all the ports are open, they can't have\see any problems..

This is a really unique problem, I know , but the family has been playing this game for years.... I never experienced like this..
That is all I can say now....

Message 44 of 91
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

This issue really makes no sense, if a factory reset does nothing as well then it shouldn't be any particular settings that could have caused it. You're not running a VPN or anything extra like that?
Message 45 of 91
MRowe
Guide

I agree with you. Reset for my Router and ISP router was done. ISP Modem replaced for a borrowed one, my XR500 repleaced ny Linksys AC 1200, but everything remains the same, nothing helped... I am not using VPN, however one time was set pure VPN, but not now, and there was reset, and another Home Router as well..I think I have no any extra thing, and not set anything that could cause this problem.. as I mentioned one day I got up and met my unique .. special problem, from my side nothing has changed.

How ever , I checked my XR500 logs, and I have DOS attacks like this,
But it can not cause the problem, Can it?
[DoS Attack: TCP/UDP Chargen] from source: 14.135.120.21, port 54152, Saturday, May 11, 2019 16:55:00 [DoS Attack: TCP/UDP Chargen] from source: 205.205.150.21, port 50992, Saturday, May 11, 2019 16:55:00 [DoS Attack: TCP/UDP Echo] from source: 14.135.120.21, port 53227, Saturday, May 11, 2019 16:50:29 [DoS Attack: TCP/UDP Echo] from source: 205.205.150.21, port 49906, Saturday, May 11, 2019 16:50:29 [DoS Attack: SYN/ACK Scan] from source: 89.248.162.131, port 22, Saturday, May 11, 2019 16:34:0

Message 46 of 91
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Could you try upgrading to this hotfix firmware and see if that resolves it please:https://forum.netduma.com/topic/28523-new-xr500-hotfix-firmware-for-drop-outs/
No those DoS entries are very normal, it won't be to do with that.
Message 47 of 91
MRowe
Guide

I have upgraded XR500, after restarted ISP kabel modem and my XR500. Still not connected to COD servers, but totally different Error CODE came up than previously..attached the picture.
By the way, Can I keep this new upgrade?

Message 48 of 91
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Yes you can.

Theres quite a few potential fixes located here from what I can see: https://community.callofduty.com/t5/Infinite-Warfare-Support/How-to-fix-error-code-32770/td-p/100785...
Recommend you take a look through and fix them, some are simple such as need to verify Sony email address or play a LAN game then quit then play online.
Message 49 of 91
MRowe
Guide

Thank you for your help @Netduma-Fraser 
I will check everything, and what you wrote..
Thanks again

Message 50 of 91
Discussion stats
  • 90 replies
  • 27 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7