× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: COD BO4 Multiplayer Issue

MRowe
Guide

Dear Netgear Support,
I think I found something and I do hope you can help me. My ISP checked everything, (Cable modem, port scanning) They said everything is OK, after that, I was very desperate because I tried everything through, at least I thought. I borrowed a home router, Linksys AC1200, and replaced my XR500 agai. In the Linksys AC1200 Dashboard I set BO4 ports in the port forwarding , turn off UnPn and set the Media Prioritization for Playstation Network and input the BO4 ports for it, and PS4 BO4 worked. You can see the attached Linksys pics. After this tried to do the same on my Nighthawk XR500, turn off Upnp, set port forwardin and set the Traffic prioritization although I don't know this is the same as in Linksys the Media Prioritization (attached picture) So please I think you knowledge is needed here because as it turned out my router (Nighthawk XR500) did not go to Call of Duty online services. Help me please.

Message 51 of 91
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

So it's a port issue, you've tried putting the console in the DMZ haven't you as well? Did you try the suggestions from the link I gave also?
Message 52 of 91
MRowe
Guide

on My Nightawk XR500: I set everything as previously wrote. tried with DMZ and without that ports..for 3 weeks, nothing helped
on borrowed Linksys: I did not set DMZ, just ports and media streaming , and Call of Duty and every COD is working well

MY question is:  my XR500 could not handle COD online services, whatever I set UpNp, or without that or set ports , DMZ.. I tried the all settings, that mentioning here.. the another router simple could handle that.. PLease, give me usable advice.. If it is needed I will write everything again my settings, but belive me I tried everything on my XR500

Yes, I tried that link you gave me, thanks. but it did not help. Call of Duty Online is massively not available if I use my XR500, saying that I am connected to PSN network or Xbox live , but not connected Call of Duty online services. but yesterday when I tried out the mentioned Linksys router everything went well, saying that I am connected to PSN network or Xbox live , and connected Call of Duty online services, the connection was fast and stable.

Again, sorry for my lots of question , and thanks for helping me, but I would like to have solution for this, I would like to use my XR500.

Message 53 of 91
Netduma_Alex
NetDuma Partner

Out of the box, the XR500 should work the same as any other router. In order to make sure that your XR500 is performing correctly, please perform the following steps and see if the issue is fixed:

Now test again and see if you can connect

Message 54 of 91
FURRYe38
Guru

What Firmware is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem the NG router is connected too?

@MRowe wrote:

on My Nightawk XR500: I set everything as previously wrote. tried with DMZ and without that ports..for 3 weeks, nothing helped
on borrowed Linksys: I did not set DMZ, just ports and media streaming , and Call of Duty and every COD is working well

MY question is:  my XR500 could not handle COD online services, whatever I set UpNp, or without that or set ports , DMZ.. I tried the all settings, that mentioning here.. the another router simple could handle that.. PLease, give me usable advice.. If it is needed I will write everything again my settings, but belive me I tried everything on my XR500

Yes, I tried that link you gave me, thanks. but it did not help. Call of Duty Online is massively not available if I use my XR500, saying that I am connected to PSN network or Xbox live , but not connected Call of Duty online services. but yesterday when I tried out the mentioned Linksys router everything went well, saying that I am connected to PSN network or Xbox live , and connected Call of Duty online services, the connection was fast and stable.

Again, sorry for my lots of question , and thanks for helping me, but I would like to have solution for this, I would like to use my XR500.

Message 55 of 91
MRowe
Guide

Hi @Netduma_Alex and @FURRYe38 
I did everything you asked, but with my XR500 Call of Duty services is not available, my profile is not loading, only with borrowed router has a success.
1.) I reseted my XR500.

Firmware version: XR500 V2.3.2.40-C424a (Previously I tried all older firmware)

2.) UPnP -Enabled

While I am trying to run Call of Duty on PS4 or Xbox UPnP Portmap Table shows:
UPnP Portmap Table
Active Protocol Int. Port Ext. Port
YES    UDP       9308      9308
YES    UDP       3074      3074

3.) Port Forwarding - Disabled
4.) While I am trying to run Call of Duty on PS4 or Xbox - XR500 Log shows:
[UPnP set event: add_nat_rule] from source "my ps ip" Friday, May 24, 2019 17:04:09
[UPnP set event: del_nat_rule] from source "my ps ip", Friday, May 24, 2019 17:04:08
[UPnP set event: add_nat_rule] from source "my ps ip", Friday, May 24, 2019 17:04:05
[UPnP set event: del_nat_rule] from source "my ps ip", Friday, May 24, 2019 17:04:04
[UPnP set event: add_nat_rule] from source "my ps ip", Friday, May 24, 2019 17:04:01
[UPnP set event: del_nat_rule] from source "my ps ip", Friday, May 24, 2019 17:04:01
[UPnP set event: add_nat_rule] from source "my ps ip", Friday, May 24, 2019 17:03:58
[UPnP set event: del_nat_rule] from source "my ps ip", Friday, May 24, 2019 17:03:57
[UPnP set event: add_nat_rule] from source "my ps ip", Friday, May 24, 2019 17:03:54
[UPnP set event: del_nat_rule] from source "my ps ip", Friday, May 24, 2019 17:03:53
[UPnP set event: add_nat_rule] from source "my ps ip", Friday, May 24, 2019 17:03:50
[UPnP set event: del_nat_rule] from source "my ps ip", Friday, May 24, 2019 17:03:49
[UPnP set event: add_nat_rule] from source "my ps ip", Friday, May 24, 2019 17:03:46
[UPnP set event: del_nat_rule] from source "my ps ip", Friday, May 24, 2019 17:03:45

Message 56 of 91
FURRYe38
Guru

Has a factory reset and setup from scratch and walk thru the setup wizard on the XR router been performed yet? 

@MRowe wrote:

Hi,
Since couple of weeks, I can not play with any Call of Duty Game (BO4, WW2, etc.) It says no connection with COD servers.
I checked it from PC, PS4, XBOX, the problem is the same, can't connect to COD servers.
I have a long discussion with Activision and my ISP, I check / set everything they asked to do (Ports etc.)
I have a netgear cable modem from ISP connected to my Netgear Nighthawk XR500. If I use ISP netgear cable modem for Black Ops 4 or any Call of Duty, It is working, but if normally wnat use these COD games through my XR500 it is not working.
I have checked XR500 DumaOS setting for Call of Duty.. nothing helps.

Can you please help me with this weird things... only call of duty can not work on my XR500 router, battlefield and everything is OK
Please, give a good solution.!
Thanks

Message 57 of 91
MRowe
Guide

Yes, my XR500 connected to NETGEAR C6250EMR ISP cable modem.
Has a factory reset and setup from scratch and walk thru the setup wizard on the XR router been performed yet?
Yes, as it was proposedI did , several times.

Message 58 of 91
FURRYe38
Guru

Your model already has a built in router and wifi. Is the modem bridged? 

Modem Combo Units:
This would be a double NAT condition which isn't recommended. https://kb.netgear.com/30186/What-is-Double-NAT
Couple of options,

1. Configure the modem for transparent bridge mode. Then use the NG router in router mode. You'll need to contact the ISP for help and information in regards to the modem being bridged correctly.
2. If you can't bridge the modem, disable ALL wifi radios on the modem, configure the modems DMZ/ExposedHost or IP Pass-Through for the IP address the NG router gets from the modem.

Message 59 of 91
MRowe
Guide

Your model already has a built in router and wifi. Is the modem bridged?

There are options in ISP modem:

1.) Non Router Mode - I am using this, This is the Bridge Mode and ISP proposed to use this, WIFI is disabled.

2.) RouterMode - I used this, but not worked, and I want my XR500 to do the router things

configure the modems DMZ/ExposedHost or IP Pass-Through for the IP address the NG router gets from the modem.
I have already done, tried this before.
There was just a simple logical question in my mind, the other borrowed router why can handle this?

Message 60 of 91
FURRYe38
Guru

If the C modem is fully bridged then the XR should and will be handling all router operations and CoD games should work well. Unless there is a misconfiguration with the XR router. 

Does a different router connected to the C modem work for CoD? 

Message 61 of 91
MRowe
Guide

Does a different router connected to the C modem work for CoD? 

Yes, that's the truth, This borrowed router is simply connected to the ISP modem in the same way as XR500 did, just working properly with all COD online services.

When I start any COD under XR500, I see in the COD game menu the COD network options is not connected and says your ISP provider name \ location is empty.
and When I start any COD under borrowed router, I can see in the COD game menu the COD network options is  connected and see my ISP provider name and location and ping answer, and connect any multiplayer Call of Duty match.

I can only repeat that the same thing is on every platfrom, but if I change the router I can play.... 😞 I really don't want to change this XR500, but It cannot handle somehow this games series...

Message 62 of 91
FURRYe38
Guru

Oh it can. 

Have you downgraded to v32, factory reset and setup from scratch then test again? I would power off the ISP modem and game console while you factory reset. Power ON the modem and setup the XR from scratch after downgrading to v32. Once setup, power ON the xbox console. Disable Instant On and then check the game out. 

Do you have only one game console or more than one?

Possbile you may want to try another XR500...possible you may have a faulty unit. 

Message 63 of 91
MRowe
Guide

Have you downgraded to v32, factory reset and setup from scratch then test again?

Yep, I did.
Do you have only one game console or more than one?
We use more platform PCs, Xbox, PS. That That's why XR500 would be a good choice.
I know that Call of Duty series have lots of problems , bugs, maybe my XR500 can be sensitive to them. MY XR500 seems to be great, but in this case got stuck.
Possbile you may want to try another XR500...possible you may have a faulty unit.
Yep, I don't see a lot of chances for this, but I'm trying, this borrowed one seems to be also good, working properly, but if I have a chance to keep my own XR500 I would do that...

Thanks, anyway

Message 64 of 91
FURRYe38
Guru

Do you play CoD on all these platforms all at one or separately? 

How many xbox and PS consoles do you have? One of each? 

You can try this to see if this might help, Set NAT Filter from Secure to Open and see if this changes anything. 

Any thing in this link help? 

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-Pro-Gaming-Routers/Best-Call-of-Duty-Black-Ops-4-Optimiza...

Message 65 of 91
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Quick question, when doing these tests the Geo-Filter hasn't got the device added has it?
Message 66 of 91
MRowe
Guide

I gave PS4 to Geo Filter, I think I tried it with it and without that. I am plannig to downgrade XR500 firmware to the oldest one, after I start the whole process from the behinning.
The borrowed Linksys router is working well, as media priotarization set for PSN network and ports added, UPnP is set.
After downgrading my XR500 I want to set the same set as the borrowed one has.
I don't think so my XR500 is not working well. because it did in the past...just I don't know what happened, and why I can't connect to COD services with it

Message 67 of 91
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Okay let us know what happens with the older firmware. It's a really really strange issue, especially considering others would have had this issue if it was a settings issue. Put the linksys router between the modem and the XR500. Then connect to the XR500 does it work then?
Message 68 of 91
MRowe
Guide

Put the linksys router between the modem and the XR500. Then connect to the XR500 does it work then?

It seems to be connected, but couple of minutes , I can't connect anymore.

I downgraded my XR500 to 2.0.0.28 , did not worked, and after upgraded to 2.3.2.40.

UPnP was runing and set Port Forwarding with the required ports:

465 TCP 993 TCP 3478 TCP 3479 TCP 3480 TCP 5223 UDP/TCP 3478-3479 UDP 3074 UDP

XR500 is not working with COD services, Whatever I do, it doesn't work

The same settings are on the borrowed routers. Plus PSN network media set. But Xbox live is workin on it.
If it is needed I share more pics about my XR500

Message 69 of 91
MRowe
Guide

Put the linksys router between the modem and the XR500. Then connect to the XR500 does it work then?

No, Whatever I do, It does not work.
If you need my settings, I am happy to share my settings, because UPNP, Port Forwarding Ports(TCP, UDP)is set on both routers, and just the borrowed one working with COD services.

Message 70 of 91
FURRYe38
Guru

When the Linksys router in online between the modem and XR, don't configure any Port Forwarding on either router. Just put the IP address the XR router gets from the Linksys and input that in to the DMZ on the Linksys router. Enable uPnp.

Message 71 of 91
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

As above. This really makes no sense though whatsoever, having previously put the console in the DMZ, disabling QoS and the Geo-Filter there are literally no restrictions on the packets getting to your console. First try the above, if that doesn't work can you set the XR500 MAC address to the MAC address of the working router and remove that router from the setup, reboot then try again please.
Message 72 of 91
MRowe
Guide

As you asked that I did not set Port Forwarding , set DMZ and UPnP. I did not work on XR500.
I have changed Router Mode for AP mode on XR500, that worked, and got everything from the borrowed router.

Message 73 of 91
MRowe
Guide

Yep , I did.
No good result. XR500 could only handle the traffic from the borrowed router and COD online services If I put XR500 in AP mode.

Message 74 of 91
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

AP mode would work as XR500 doesn't control the devices in that instance. Did you try the MAC suggestion?
Message 75 of 91
Discussion stats
  • 90 replies
  • 27 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7