× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: COD BO4 Multiplayer Issue

MRowe
Guide

Hi There,

Yep. No good result.
But I have a question, does it make sense if I use Nighthawk App on my laptop nad Wireshark to capture my PS4 or Xbox traffic data, it may tell more where PS , Xbox  COD services get stuck?
What we know now:
From ISP Cable modem , Router or Non Router mode COD services is not available
From my XR500 the situation is the same
From the borrowed easy-cheap router, COD services are avalaible and running, however the NAT type in the game is MODERATE.

Message 76 of 91
Netduma_Alex
NetDuma Partner

Okay so this has been going on for a while...

So let's just check everything here, part by part.

• The modem is in bridge/modem mode, and is ONLY connected to the XR500.
  • The modem has no port forwarding rules or QoS features, it's just sending everything to the XR500.
  • If applicable/possible, the WAN IP of the XR500 is in the DMZ of the modem.
  • The XR500 is clean, freshly reset, Geo-Filter and QoS are both turned off.
  • No rules have been set on the XR500. Everything is default.

Under these circumstances, CoD should work perfectly. If it doesn't, then the modem must not be playing nice with the XR500.

Message 77 of 91
MRowe
Guide

"

• The modem is in bridge/modem mode, and is ONLY connected to the XR500. - DONE
  • The modem has no port forwarding rules or QoS features, it's just sending everything to the XR500. - DONE
  • If applicable/possible, the WAN IP of the XR500 is in the DMZ of the modem. - DONE
  • The XR500 is clean, freshly reset, Geo-Filter and QoS are both turned off. - DONE
  • No rules have been set on the XR500. Everything is default. - DONE

"

I did everything you wrote above, but it is not working, I am connected to PSN or Xbox live, but not connected COD online services/multiplayer.
I think we've tried everything. It is strange that I do not get these services from this router just without every reason.
I don1t know it is good idea or not, but I am planning to install DD-WRT on to XR500, maybe it helps.. I have no any other idea.

Message 78 of 91
FURRYe38
Guru

Let us know if WRT helps or not. If it does, possible FW issue however I don't fully believe so as others would be complainting about this as well. So possible you may have a bad unit. Another unit would be needed to test this theory. 

Be sure you fully understand how to migrate to WRT and if it doesn't work, be sure you know how to get the stock FW back on it. 

@MRowe wrote:

"

• The modem is in bridge/modem mode, and is ONLY connected to the XR500. - DONE
  • The modem has no port forwarding rules or QoS features, it's just sending everything to the XR500. - DONE
  • If applicable/possible, the WAN IP of the XR500 is in the DMZ of the modem. - DONE
  • The XR500 is clean, freshly reset, Geo-Filter and QoS are both turned off. - DONE
  • No rules have been set on the XR500. Everything is default. - DONE

"

I did everything you wrote above, but it is not working, I am connected to PSN or Xbox live, but not connected COD online services/multiplayer.
I think we've tried everything. It is strange that I do not get these services from this router just without every reason.
I don1t know it is good idea or not, but I am planning to install DD-WRT on to XR500, maybe it helps.. I have no any other idea.

Message 79 of 91
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

I would either see if using a different modem works or potentially getting a replacement XR500.
Message 80 of 91
MRowe
Guide

I tried with Firmware: DD-WRT v3.0-r38581 std (02/06/19) but on XR500 the situation is the same: Not Connected to Call of Duty servers.
This was my last idea.  Thanks everybody who tried to help me here. I am done.

Message 81 of 91
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Try a new modem or see if Netgear will replace the router.
Message 82 of 91
FURRYe38
Guru

Ya seems like this is a either a modem issue or a XR problem with your unit that you have. 

Good Luck. 

@MRowe wrote:

I tried with Firmware: DD-WRT v3.0-r38581 std (02/06/19) but on XR500 the situation is the same: Not Connected to Call of Duty servers.
This was my last idea.  Thanks everybody who tried to help me here. I am done.

Message 83 of 91
Netduma_Alex
NetDuma Partner

Bear in mind that installing custom firmware on the XR500 will void the warranty. I'd recommend pursuing other solutions before this!

Message 84 of 91
MRowe
Guide

Yep, I know that , as far as I know only TFTP is able to get back NetDumaOS on XR500 from DD WRT. However I do like DumaOS and I am not interested in DD WRT, your XR500 Netduma is quite good apart from the fact I have problems with my XR500 regarding COD services, and it seems to be it will never be solved.
And you are right, be carful of you install DD WRT onto XR500 It may happen you never see back Dumaos on your XR500.
This is a good guide , but not always working: https://kb.netgear.com/000059633/How-to-upload-firmware-to-a-NETGEAR-router-using-TFTP-client

Message 85 of 91
MRowe
Guide

Yep, thanks

Message 86 of 91
MRowe
Guide

yep, thanks, I already did.

Message 87 of 91
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Is your router going to be replaced? Have you created a ticket?
Message 88 of 91
MRowe
Guide

No It is not going to be replaced. The shop where I bought said that They could not replace it.

Message 89 of 91
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Oh that is a shame, could you let a friend borrow the router and see if they have the same experience?
Message 90 of 91
FURRYe38
Guru

You should ask NG support for an RMA...

@Netduma-Fraser wrote:
Oh that is a shame, could you let a friend borrow the router and see if they have the same experience?

Message 91 of 91
Discussion stats
  • 90 replies
  • 27 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7