× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: CXR700 duma os 3.0

MdoggTV
Guide

CXR700 duma os 3.0

hey guys I was wondering is there a release yet for the xr700 ? also i am having some dhcp issues were mine is not giving ip's to wifi devices. unless i set them all as static.just wondering is this a known issue

Message 1 of 11
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

There is a beta version available as you may already know, are you using this currently?

We don't yet have an ETA for the full release I'm afraid, both ourselves and Netgear are working on it though!

Message 2 of 11
MdoggTV
Guide

hey the beta i heard there was one but I am not using it yet, were would i find this at ? also is there many known bugs with it ? just wondering how stable it is

Message 3 of 11
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

You can find it here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1yxwq75k726hkgw/XR700-V1.0.1.34_Dumaos3.0_6.img?dl=0

It's pretty good actually, there have been the odd issue reported but none that are limited to this beta and none than everyone experienced as far as I'm aware.

Be sure to factory reset after installing it, also if you do run into any issues you can always downgrade back to the firmware you're on now.

Message 4 of 11
MdoggTV
Guide

Hey,

thanks for that 🙂 i will install that shortly if i do need to downgrade would you have the image i need ? 

Message 5 of 11
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

Sure thing, the latest full release firwmare can be found here: 

https://www.netgear.com/support/product/XR700.aspx#Firmware%20Version%201.0.1.44

Message 6 of 11
MdoggTV
Guide

amazing thanks for the help 🙂 

Message 7 of 11
MdoggTV
Guide

Hey again, so recently I have been getting wifi drop outs were alot of devices would randomally disconnect and then not get an ip again apon reconnecting. When i restart the router only certain devices that has a static ip will connect. I was wondering what could be the issue with the dhcp server side of the router. there is around 35 devices connecting to the router as a whole including lan i was wondering could this be an issue. even after updating to the beta it still has this issue

Message 8 of 11
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

Is it just the Wi-Fi that's disconnecting? Are wired devices staying connected?

Are you still able to access the DumaOS interface when these disconnections occur? If so, are there any entries in the log file in System Information around the time the disconnection occurs?

Message 9 of 11
MdoggTV
Guide

hey, the only thing i can see is under each device, and yes anything that i cant set a static ip on it seems to disconnect, even if i set on router side it wont hard save that ip i do notice one device has done the blow around 30 times in a row so thats weird

[DumaOS] DHCP lease change., Friday, September 03, 2021 10:31:08
[DumaOS] DHCP new event., Friday, September 03, 2021 10:31:08

Message 10 of 11
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

OK sure, what kinds of devices are disconnecting? Are they IoT devices or all the same brand for example?

Message 11 of 11
Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7