× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Can I connect my mobile to provide internet via 4G on XR500 router?

GazCBG
Aspirant

Can I connect my mobile to provide internet via 4G on XR500 router?

Hi,

I am thinking about buying a Netgear XR500, the one with the NetDuma OS and would like to know the following.

Can I connect my mobile phone into the USB to provide internet through the mobile phone 4G, if my ISP went down?

Thanks

Model: XR500| Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Hi Gaz, great to hear you're thinking about getting the XR500.

There is no way to do that. I am unsure if it is possible to do that as I am not a developer. I will discuss with the team and see whether it is possible as if it is that's a great idea!

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5

All Replies
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Hi Gaz, great to hear you're thinking about getting the XR500.

There is no way to do that. I am unsure if it is possible to do that as I am not a developer. I will discuss with the team and see whether it is possible as if it is that's a great idea!
Message 2 of 5
GazCBG
Aspirant

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.
My current router (ASUS) has the option to do it via Dual WAN, which allowed a connection via ethernet (isp) and USB stick or phone and will fallover to it, if there internet drops.

At the time, my ISP went down, I connected it my Samsung S6 into the router using a USB cable and setting my phone to send 4G data through USB to the router. This in turn gave all PC connected to the router via Ethernet internet access.

Hopefully it be something you can add.
Thanks.

Message 3 of 5
GazCBG
Aspirant

Hi,

I have bit the bullet and order it.
I have been holding off on ordering the R1, due to the features it offers, but wanted 5Ghz which the XR500 has.

Thanks

Message 4 of 5
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Great thanks for the extra information, we will look into it!

Fantastic, we're sure you'll love it. If you have any further questions now or when you get it don't hesitate to ask!
Message 5 of 5
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7