× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Can I see my kids web history? Xr700

Shedding
Tutor

Can I see my kids web history? Xr700

I used to have an Asus router which allows me to view my kids web history. Does the XR700 have something similar?
Model: XR700|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 5
Netduma_Alex
NetDuma Partner

No sadly not, but it's something we're interested in adding.

I wonder if you'd be interested in me putting you in contact with the DumaOS devs? We're currently looking for people who can tell us what they would like to see from a Parental Controls solution on DumaOS. What they've found useful in other Parental Controls products, what they'd like to see improved.

Let me know if that's something you'd be interested in!

Message 2 of 5
schumaku
Guru

No way to trace the exact Web history on Https connections - all you can do is to capture the DNS A and AAAA lookups and assume these are Web and other (like App API and the like) connections .... at least as long as there is no DNScrypt or the kids start using a VPN. Either case, you will be blind in both eyes. It's a war parents and IT security people to some extent can't win.

You have to look on the client platform - there you can capture the browsers FQDN (but nothing more!).
Message 3 of 5
Ericouto
Aspirant

Would love to be in touch with DumaOS devs regarding parental features. Hoping to have this router for a few years and already missing some of the Circle capabilities from the old nighthawk router we had (features were great but it caused speed issues leading to us disabling).
Model: XR700|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 4 of 5
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Give Alex a PM and he'll get back to you when he can!
Message 5 of 5
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7