× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Can not voice chat due to nat type

Reneenene1030
Follower

Can not voice chat due to nat type

Keep getting... can not voice chat due to nat type. This only happens when I use the xr500. In trying to problem solve this I switched back to regular wifi service and my chat works. I am using a PS4 pro. Brand new as well. I play Destiny 2 and really need to voice chat for parties. Need help please!
Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 3
Netduma_Alex
NetDuma Partner

Are you using Geo-Filter? Are you doing any manual port forwarding? Is UPnP turned on?

One quick suggestion: Disable SIP ALG in your router's settings, SIP ALG sometimes interferes with voice chat.

Message 2 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

What Firmware is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem the NG router is connected too? Built in router here by chance? If so, This would be a double NAT condition which isn't recommended. https://kb.netgear.com/30186/What-is-Double-NAT
https://kb.netgear.com/30187/How-to-fix-issues-with-Double-NAT

1. Configure the modem for transparent bridge or modem only mode. Then use the NG router in router mode. You'll need to contact the ISP for help and information in regards to the modem being bridged correctly.
2. If you can't bridge the modem, disable ALL wifi radios on the modem, configure the modems DMZ/ExposedHost or IP Pass-Through for the IP address the NG router gets from the modem.

@Reneenene1030 wrote:
Keep getting... can not voice chat due to nat type. This only happens when I use the xr500. In trying to problem solve this I switched back to regular wifi service and my chat works. I am using a PS4 pro. Brand new as well. I play Destiny 2 and really need to voice chat for parties. Need help please!

Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7