× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Can't access router interface on computer

droesw
Guide

Can't access router interface on computer

I don't know why but I can't access my xr500's duma os interface to change the settings on my chromebook computer, but I can on my iphone. I go to either 192.168.1.1 or routerlogin.net on my computer, and then before I hit search it says 401 authorization next to the address which I don't think happened when it worked before. I search on either one of those and i get taken to the screen that I attached to this. I then input my router serial number and then it makes me answer security questions, then when I do that it makes me reset the routers admin password and security questions. Then after that finishes I try going to either 192.168.1.1 or routerlogin.net but it just makes me go through the same process again and never lets me access my router.

Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 10
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Re: Can't access router interface on computer

Please clear the cookes/cache from the web browser and then try again.
Message 2 of 10
droesw
Guide

I did this twice and it is still giving me the same issue

Message 3 of 10
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Okay I think it would be best to do a factory reset as it's got into a weird state. You can do it from the interface Settings > Administration > Backup settings > Erase from your phone or hold the reset button at the back of the router for 30 seconds and then let go.
Message 4 of 10
droesw
Guide

I did the factory reset, and it temporarily somewhat fixed it. Immediately after the factory reset, I was able to access it on my computer by using the 192.168.1.1, but not on routerlogin.net. I left the house after that, and just got home but now it won't let me access it on either the 192.168.1.1 or the routerlogin.net.

Message 5 of 10
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

That's strange, are you using an ad blocker or an Anti-Virus/Firewall on your PC?
Message 6 of 10
droesw
Guide

No, unless it was it was automatically or accidentally installed, but it’s a chromebook, which I don’t think can even download any programs like that, but it does have its own virus protection built in.
Message 7 of 10
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Okay interesting, do you have any other devices that isn't a mobile that you can try to access the interface with?
Message 8 of 10
droesw
Guide

Not on hand but I can try to borrow a computer from a friend. Or I can try it on my xbox one or xbox 360 if you think that’d be worth trying?
Message 9 of 10
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

You could try it on the console but it may not work as the login box may not appear properly. Try both if you can, it would be good if we could narrow it down to the Chromebook as the cause.
Message 10 of 10
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7