× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Can the XR500 PREVENT LAGG AT THE SAME TIME AS STREAMING TO TWITCH ?

usermac
Luminary

Can the XR500 PREVENT LAGG AT THE SAME TIME AS STREAMING TO TWITCH ?

Is it possible to have the Duma OS set up in a way that say if you are streaming your game to twitch you can still maintain a good quality connection ?

I am asking because I tried testing this whilst playing Battlefield V and streaming to twitch but I get constant ping spikes and packet loss warnings and same for PUBG.

My connection is 80mb down 20mb up and the QOS is set to 70/70 with high priority also set to kick in when high traffic is detected.
I am using a gaming PC but with the gaming PC set as a console.

Battlefield V, Discord and OBS Studio is what is using the connection.

Model: XR500| Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 6
Netduma_Jack
NetDuma Partner

Hi there - yes, it absolutely should.

Could you try switching Anti-Bufferbloat to the 'Always' mode. And could you also disable DumaOS Classified Games in Traffic Prioritisation.

Does that improve things?

Also, is your PC wired or wireless?

Message 2 of 6
usermac
Luminary

Hello Jack

My connection is wired I can not see much difference with those settings to be honest should there be some fluctuation on my ping if streaming as well ?
Just my ping when not streaming is usually 10 ms and remains that way but when streaming as well the ping constantly changes up and down they are not high numbers but it goes like 10ms, then maybe 12ms then 22ms and maybe 50ms then back down to 10ms never settles.

Message 3 of 6
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Lets first get a bit more of an idea about your setup. What's your physical setup? E.g. ISP hub (some devices connected) > XR500 (wired devices connected) etc

Have you put the full speeds you normally get into Anti-Bufferbloats options so it's working off the correct information?

Your ping to go up in that scenario is normal and QoS should be keeping it mostly down.
Message 4 of 6
usermac
Luminary

I am using a Netgear DM200 Modem I have an XBOX ONE Connected wifi , Iphone wifi , TV WFI , and PC WIRED.
I did a factory reset and found that the speed test that the XR500 does at the beginning set up was slightly lower than what I usually get. What I did was set the speed to what my modem sync speeds are and set it to 80mbits down and 20mbits up. I usually see in task manager 78 for down and 20 for the upload. The speed test set the xr500 found it to be 74 down and 18 on the upload.

I have done some testing this evening and found the game ran much better than last night no constant pack loss warning signs. The ping did change in stages but they were not massive jumps.
Not sure what's different other than me matching the sync speed of the modem to the Router or perhaps the factory reset.

Message 5 of 6
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Okay make sure all devices are connected to the XR500. That's great news. If Anti-Bufferbloat has the wrong speed information then you'll be throttling more than is necessary and for upload which gaming and streaming primarily uses you'll need more bandwidth. Keep an eye on it but sounds promising!
Message 6 of 6
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7