× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Can this router be used with any internet service provider

SynovialSarcoma
Follower

Can this router be used with any internet service provider

Hi I was wondering if this router can be used with any internet service provider?
Where I live there are only 2 internet service providers that services our area. Therefore we have Fairpoint for our internet service provider. I was wondering if this router can be used and would be compatible with it? My nephew bought a router I don't know what brand a long time ago got it home tried to hook it up and then found out it wasn't compatible with his internet service provider and he had road runner. So I was just wondering so I wouldn't buy one and have the same thing happen. Can this router be used with Fairpoint internet service provider? Thank you so much for your time and your help.
Model: XR500| Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 2
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Re: Can this router be used with any internet service provider

Yes it should be fine to work with any Internet Service Provider. The issue your Nephew had would have been to do with the ISP likely not allowing third party routers rather than an issue with the router itself. To be on the safe side I would check with your ISP that they allow third party routers. If they do then great, if not then sometimes they can just lie about it and it will still work. So would research online to see if anyone has used a third party router with Fairpoint.
Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7