× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Cannot VPN some devices

ItsMeDan
Guide

Cannot VPN some devices

Hi Just wondering, I have managed to use Hybrid VPN with some of my devices, like computers and Macs, but if trying to VPN something like an Xbox it stays shaded out and you cannot seem to do anything with it? Well the services part anyway. Does this just mean the entire xbox is being VPN'd.

Model: XR500| Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 7
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Re: Cannot VPN some devices

Yes the entire Xbox is being VPN'd. We do this because we can't detect individual services on a console like a PC.
Message 2 of 7
ItsMeDan
Guide

Awesome thanks for the reply. Happy I can VPN from the router using my provider NordVPN.

Thanks
Dan
Model: XR500| Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 3 of 7
ItsMeDan
Guide

Hi, 

Just wondering and instead of starting a new thread. Should the VPN be reconnecting automatically if it drops out.

At the moment it drops connection and doesn't seem to reconnect.

Thanks

Dan

Message 4 of 7
Netduma_Jack
NetDuma Partner

Hi Dan,

I'm not actually sure - I would need to check with the dev but he's not in today. Are you having regular VPN drops? If so, it's probably worth using a different server of even different provider if possible.

Message 5 of 7
ItsMeDan
Guide

Ok, thanks. It normally works fine on other devices. Only via the router, it drops out, and if it drops out the traffic stops as it is meant to due to the setting I have.

An auto reconnect would be good though. I will try one of their other servers and see.

Thanks

Dan

Message 6 of 7
Netduma_Jack
NetDuma Partner

Thanks Dan - hope that one works better for you

Message 7 of 7
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation