× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Cannot get network prioritisation to work properly (XR500)

Dust123
Aspirant

Re: Cannot get network prioritisation to work properly (XR500)

FYI
For you future trouble shooting I figured it out even though it is not battlefield selected I switched it to PC / game console and it is now picking up the traffic for battlefield ?
Model: XR500| Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 26 of 35
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

That's an alternative solution as the games console service encompasses a very wide range of ports. It'll definitely work that way but may prioritize other traffic from your PC also.
Message 27 of 35
Dust123
Aspirant

Well then you should fix the firmware because it does not work when Battfield traffic is selected.

The only game I was trying to prioritize was battle field and since there is some sort of port overlap you can set custom ports for battlefield
Message 28 of 35
Dust123
Aspirant

To add another note. Just selecting dumaOS classified game does not pick up the battfiled traffic either. The only way if works is to select the game console / pc rule
Message 29 of 35
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Could you provide a screenshot of the Traffic Prioritization feature using the custom ports you added before selecting the game console service please.
Message 30 of 35
Dust123
Aspirant

I already pasted the error. I will not allow me to add any custom ports for battfield it just gives me a huge error message. My only option has been to select console which is not how it should work for Battfield which should be a DumaOS classified game.

Your dumaOS classified games check box should automatically pick up battlefield1 with out adding any additional rules. It should defiantly pick up battlefield traffic when the battlefield rule is selected neither of which work. Since you have a dedicated rule for Battlefield that should be what is used but again IT DOES NOT WORK CORRECTLY and I have spent several hours trouble shooting for you. Please send me a check for the time I have spent on this.
Message 31 of 35
Dust123
Aspirant

https://portforward.com/battlefield-1/

Battlefield 1 ports for PC cannot be added with out and error code try it and you will see
Message 32 of 35
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

You only mentioned an overlap message before not a big error when adding ports. Did you upgrade someway during this topic and then the big error occurred?
Message 33 of 35
Impulse
Aspirant

Hey, when playing BO4 on PS4 pro, the traffic prioritisation light turns on, but the packets don't change. I have it set to automatic duma os classified games. I also have QOS disabled selected (the reason being I get A+ on dsl regardless of qos.) Does disabling Qos also affect the prioritisation ? Or what exactly does it do. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm under the impression that it's the same thing as selecting the anti bufferbloat sliders to NEVER?
Message 34 of 35
Netduma_Jack
NetDuma Partner

Hi Impulse - yes, disabling QoS will prevent any QoS feature working, including Traffic Prioritisation.

The 'Never' option n Anti-Bufferbloat just disables the Anti-Bufferbloat feature.

Message 35 of 35
Discussion stats
  • 34 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7