× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Cannot open a port for WebDisk application on "Pro Gaming" router

AMDphreak
Aspirant

Cannot open a port for WebDisk application on "Pro Gaming" router

Hi,

I need to make a program on my computer able to communicate with a server on the internet via a specified port number for WebDisk (WebDAV). This is normally accomplished by opening a port in the Firewall, however from what I've read in other posts the Pro Gaming router does not give users any interface to directly edit the firewall rules. I read the manual and found the Port Forwarding (wrong solution) and Port Triggering, which seemed promising. I set up triggering rules, but it does not work. It is pathetic that a router with such a high price tag does not have this required functionality that is available on even the most basic of routers. If someone has gotten any feature to perform the required duty of a firewall exception rule, please tell me how to do this.

I am about fed up with NETGEAR's lack of concern for their product quality and customer service. If anyone at NETGEAR is reading this, consider this your last warning before I file complaints with the BBB. It is pathetic that the only way customers seem to get a response from you is by complaining on bbb.org. Try opening up your customer service to people without a warranty.

Model: R7500v2|Nighthawk X4 AC2350 Smart WiFi
Message 1 of 4
AMDphreak
Aspirant

Re: Cannot open a port for WebDisk application on "Pro Gaming" router

Port Triggering rule configuration, shown below, does not work:

Message 2 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Please post about this here for your model router:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/General-WiFi-Routers-Non/bd-p/home-wifi-routers-general

Good Luck. 

Message 3 of 4
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

You may have better luck posting here for the router you have: https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-WiFi-Routers/bd-p/home-wifi-routers-nighthawk
Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7