× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Cant connect to a xbox live party

Bseyferth1294
Aspirant

Cant connect to a xbox live party

I have the xr500 router with my xbox one x hardwired into it. I cant connect to live parties, but when I disconnect it and connect to live through WIFI I can connect. Is it possibly a setting I have set?
Message 1 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

What FW is currently loaded?

What is the Mfr and model# of the IP modem the NG router is connected too?

Message 2 of 6
Netduma_Jack
NetDuma Partner

Do you have the Geo-Filter enabled and set to Filtering Mode? This may be blocking the party server. If this is happening, please read the Allow & Deny section at the bottom of this guide on how to whitelist a connection: http://support.netduma.com/support/solutions/articles/16000077072-dumaos-optimal-settings-guide-geo-...

If Geo-Filter is not being used or in Spectating Mode, you may not have an open NAT. Could you read this guide please:

http://support.netduma.com/support/solutions/articles/16000076587-dumaos-optimal-settings-guide-nat

Message 3 of 6
Bseyferth1294
Aspirant

I have it set to "auto firmware update". So it doesnt tell me what it is ( or atleast i can't find it). Model number is E31T2v1, and i think the mfg is spectrum. I can really find a name on it. The modem I have is the one my ISP, provided me when i got my internet.

Message 4 of 6
Bseyferth1294
Aspirant

I do have Geo-filter enabled and set to filtering mode. When I have it hardwired and test my NAT type via xbox, it says it can't find Teredo IP adress, but when im wireless is has open NAT type. Could that be my settings or my internet?

Message 5 of 6
Netduma_Jack
NetDuma Partner

I think that's probably where your issue lies. Did you give your Xbox a static IP address? It's possible that it's unable to connect to the router because it doesn't have a dynamic IP address. 

You can check this on your Xbox by going to your Xbox One's Dashboard.  Navigate to Settings > All Settings.  From there, choose Network > Network Settings > Advanced settings and make sure you have a dynamic IP address selected.

Afterwards, set your Geo-Filter to Spectating Mode and hard reboot your Xbox. See if you can then join party chats. If you can, then set your Geo-Filter back to Filtering Mode.

Message 6 of 6
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7