× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Clean up device list?

chris12
Aspirant

Clean up device list?

Is it possible to clean up the device list in the device manager section of the XR700?  Seems that every time I VPN in to my router it adds a new "device" which is there forever.  I know I can delete them one by one but I don't have that much spare time.

Model: XR700|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 8
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Re: Clean up device list?

Sorry to say that currently there isn't a way to do so other than by deleting one by one or doing a factory reset. We are adding a delete all type button for the device manager in DumaOS 3.0 but I cannot say when that will be released at the moment.
Message 2 of 8
chris12
Aspirant

I don’t think delete all will help. I’d like to keep all the devices which I’ve set a static IP for on the list but just delete all the duplicates. Seems that every time my MacBook vpns to the router it’s creates a new device with a fake mac address.

I guess i could delete everything once, save the settings then restore the router from the saved settings once per week. Does the router run Linux? Any way i can ssh in and set up a cron job to do that?
Message 3 of 8
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

If those devices are actually offline and then it comes back online then it will reappear. It's more to delete them when it gets out of hand adding non devices. That seems like more hassle than it worth but you're able to use telnet.
Message 4 of 8
chris12
Aspirant

Will it also delete the dhcp ip reservation
Message 5 of 8
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

If a manual IP reservation has been set then no as the device manager doesn't deal with that, that's controlled by LAN Settings. Most of the time those offline devices have no IP so deleting them will have no DHCP affect.
Message 6 of 8
chris12
Aspirant

Thanks.  How do I find out when the bulk delete is added?

Message 7 of 8
Netduma_Alex
NetDuma Partner

DumaOS 3.0 will add the Rapp Store to the menu, so when you see the Rapp Store in the side menu, you'll know it's been released.

We will probably have a beta version accessible on the Netduma forums before release.

Message 8 of 8
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7