× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Cluttered network overview

Christiaan11
Apprentice

Cluttered network overview

Hi,

On the DUMA Network overview page of my XR1000 the page gets more cluttered every day. Seems like a lot of "unnamed" devices that change IP after a while keep showing up in the overview making it not readable at all. 

So two questions on that:

1. What is causing all these "unnamed devices" showing up in the overview after they (assumably) connecting through another IP? I'm assuming this because I only have the router for like a month now and had no guest devices connecting to the network at all. 
  2. Is there a way to group all the offline devices so the rest is readable again?

Attached a picture of how it shows. Blurred to avoid having all the device names visible. The bottom left are all the disconnected devices. 

Message 1 of 7

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

Are you using mac or iOS devices? their private mac/ip address feature can add a lot of "un-named" devices because its creates new ones to randomize it. You can disable that on the mac iOS device

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 7

All Replies
plemans
Guru

Are you using mac or iOS devices? their private mac/ip address feature can add a lot of "un-named" devices because its creates new ones to randomize it. You can disable that on the mac iOS device

Message 2 of 7
Christiaan11
Apprentice

ah, that makes sense indeed. We do have some apple devices indeed. I'm not sure though if I would like to turn this functionality off. Is there a way to hide or automatically remove them from the interface? Are you aware of any options?

Thanks for the help! 

Message 3 of 7
plemans
Guru

@Netduma-Liam would have a better idea if you can remove them from the interface. I don't have any of the DumaOS devices. 

In terms of leaving it enabled, you'll continue to get more added if its enabled. And you really don't need it enabled at home. Its more when you're in public where you might have privacy/security concerns. 

Message 4 of 7
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Not automatically but if you click the 3 horizontal line icon on the Device Manager you can remove offline devices
Message 5 of 7
Christiaan11
Apprentice

Thanks. Not ideal but will do for now. Maybe good to add a feature request to have the option to group. I see there is also an option to remove all offline devices but that would remove all settings (incl things like geo filter for game devices I assume). 

Message 6 of 7
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

I'll note it for the team! Yes it would, ideally the MAC options would be disabled - if you don't connect the devices to lots of different WiFi networks then there is little benefit - plus you can disable it just for the XR network, it would still be enabled for any other WiFi networks you join.
Message 7 of 7
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7