× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Cone NAT and lower upload

Kianmd
Tutor

Cone NAT and lower upload

Hi. When I woke up this morning, none of my devices could connect to the internet. I restarted my router and since i have done this, I have been getting 4 mbps upload where i would normally get 18mbps. Also, my Xbox One is now showing as behind a cone nat. Any ideas? Thanks.

Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Cone NAT and lower upload

What Firmware is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem the NG router is connected too?

is the xbox wired or wireless connected to the router? Wired is preferred. 

Message 2 of 5
Kianmd
Tutor

Hi, Im using a dm200 modem and an xr500 router. My xbox is connected via ethernet but i don't just believe this to be an issue on my xbox as all my devices are now recieving this low upload speed. Its coming in at 2mbps now not even 4mbps.....

Message 3 of 5
Netduma_Alex
NetDuma Partner

Just to be sure, have you got any QoS settings active? Make sure to disable QoS to take that out of the equation. Make sure that "Share Excess" is turned on in QoS for both Upload and Download (they must be set seperately)

Message 4 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Power OFF both ISP modem and router for 1 minute. Power ON the ISP modem first, let it sync then power ON the router. 

@Kianmd wrote:

Hi, Im using a dm200 modem and an xr500 router. My xbox is connected via ethernet but i don't just believe this to be an issue on my xbox as all my devices are now recieving this low upload speed. Its coming in at 2mbps now not even 4mbps.....

Message 5 of 5
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7