× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Connection

Dracolyte
Follower

Connection

i have a computer and a xbox one x maybe 30 feet from the wifi router RX500 nighthawk with a wifi booster connected maybe 5 feet from it to boost the signal which gives me 200-250 mbps of download and 15 upload which is perfectly fine i like this speed but sometimes out of no where it says while im playing on my xbox one x that i lost internet connection then a maybe a minute later it comes back.. i have never had this happen until the rx500 nighthawk was added to my xfinity account before i used a simple 100 dollar wireless router never lost internet connection.. also what pisses me off with this i work 9-5 everyday so when i get home sometimes i have no internet connection at all until i unplug my router wait 30 seconds and plug it back in then i have a connection again this is everyday im having to do this when i get home, but it is fine when i get up which is usually between 5-6am cuz i have to take 2 large dogs out so i play on my xbox for about 2 hours before and everything is fine except i lose internet magically then it reconnects without me having to do something.. but then when i get home no connection at all till i reset the dam router.. i would like to know is this a definate problem with everyone else or is it my router? if its my router is there a patch i can download or do i have to get it replaced with the warranty?

Model: XR500| Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

You have an extender 5 feet away from the XR router?

What channels are you using? Auto? Try manual channels 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and any unused channel on 5Ghz.

Try disabling MIMO. Then try disabling Smart Connect.

Try with out the extender and see if the same problem happens?

Message 2 of 3
Netduma_Jack
NetDuma Partner

Hi OP - I would try furry’s great advice. Especially consider taking the extender out of your network. The XR500 has very powerful wireless so you shouldn’t really need an extender given it’s so close to your router. It’s effectively obsolete now.
Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7