× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Constant drops and disconnects XR700

Nowlflr
Aspirant

Constant drops and disconnects XR700

Nighthawk XR700 with the same issue as many other posts - constant drops/disconnects from internet. I’ve read through many other posts with varying solutions such as:
firmware update needed
firmware update broke it, roll back to previous version
beta version available
return it, it’s a piece of crap.

Here’s my issue: I can’t even try any of the solutions because it won’t stay connected so I can’t update the firmware!?

Modem:
NETGEAR - Nighthawk 32 x 8 DOCSIS 3.1 Cable Modem - Black
NETGEAR - Nighthawk cable modem
Model: CM1200-100NAS
Message 1 of 7
plemans
Guru

Re: Constant drops and disconnects XR700

Random question. do you have any other devices connected to the CM1200? 

Even though it has 4x ports, most average consumers can only use 1 (or 2 if their router supports wan aggregation). 

Message 2 of 7
Nowlflr
Aspirant

Hi - No, there are no other devices connected to the modem. 

Message 3 of 7
plemans
Guru

Do you mean it won't stay connected to auto update? 

You can manually update it. 

directly connect to your modem from your pc and download the firmware file. then follow the manual firwmare update procedure from the manual. After the update, factory reset, and manually re-install. 

Message 4 of 7
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

When it disconnects do all devices get disconnected or is it just wired devices or wifi devices for example? When it happens go to the interface using the LAN IP and then go to System Information - In the Internet Status panel does it say connected or disconnected?
Message 5 of 7
wafubloke
Guide

I am having a nightmare too!

As mentioned by the poster above, constant drop outs both 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz, wired and WiFi. I've tried everythng from firmware, rebooting, unplugging components... everything. Gone back to my ISP modem and working fine.

My dropouts happen every 30-50 seconds and last for a few seconds. I get about 58Mbs download once minute then I'm down to 0.

https://flic.kr/p/2iTcKBQ

Model: XR700|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 6 of 7
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Could you try removing devices 1 by 1 and see if the dropouts continue? I've seen it before where 1 device has caused the issue for some reason.
Message 7 of 7
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7