× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Constant multiple issues with brand new XR1000

Blake2022
Tutor

Constant multiple issues with brand new XR1000

Only have had the router for less than a month and almost every day I have to reboot the router because wifi has stopped working for devices in the house from phones to ipad to computer. Ethernet works fine. Also when rebooting I will get an error and will have to do a hard reset to get the xr1000 to work and then reset up the router.

For a $300+ router this has been the worse one I have ever had. Does anyone have a fix for stopping the loss of wifi and getting the error after reboots?

Message 1 of 9
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Are you using Smart Connect? How are you rebooting the router exactly - by unplugging the power?
Message 2 of 9
Blake2022
Tutor

No smart connect and I reboot it from going into routerlogin 

Message 3 of 9
Blake2022
Tutor

What else should I look at?

Message 4 of 9
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Does it happen for both 2.4 & 5GHz? Could you provide the log file from the System Information page please when it happens? That will give us a better idea of what could be happening.
Message 5 of 9
Blake2022
Tutor

Wont be home from work until 6pm central time. Ill post on here. thank you for responding.

Message 6 of 9
plemans
Guru

1. what modem/gateway is it connected to? 

2. what actual issue do you see? Does the wifi stop broadcasting? Does it broadcast but you can't connect to it? Can you connect but it says "connected, no internet?"  

3. When it happens, are the wifi led's still on?

Message 7 of 9
Blake2022
Tutor

here is the log

Message 8 of 9
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

I can't see anything in the logs specifically that would have caused a disconnect unfortunately. After a factory reset for example, what settings do you change right away?
Message 9 of 9
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7