× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Content filtering

Naxterra
Apprentice

Content filtering

Hello

I am trying to block sites in my network but they are not getting blocked properly. For example I put "instagram" into Settings > Content Filtering > Block Sites > Keyword > instagram . Set Keyword Blocking to "always" . Only cable connected PC is getting blocked but my other devices are accessing instagram without issues. Like my laptop with Windows 10 and my iPhone can access without restriction. What can I do?

Model: XR500| Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 7
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

This is a Netgear setting but I believe it's because they can't block sites that use https.
Message 2 of 7
Naxterra
Apprentice

Is it possible to make integration with Websense or Untangle? with additional cost for software of course.

Message 3 of 7
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

The Settings are done by Netgear so that would be up to them, if you send a ticket regarding Content Filtering they could log it as a request or give you more information as to a workaround
Message 4 of 7
Naxterra
Apprentice

Okay, I created a support ticket with number 29970668.

Message 5 of 7
Naxterra
Apprentice

Well, Netgear says HTTPS is not getting blocked with this device and they don't have any plans to implement it. If I want to block it I should buy UTM device or OpenDNS filtering. Also they replied my English mail with Polish language for some unknown reason...

Message 6 of 7
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Thanks for the update, I'll go away and suggest to the team to see if theres anything we can do.
Message 7 of 7
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7