× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Correct Xbox one X settings

Billybudz420
Apprentice

Correct Xbox one X settings

I bought xr500 and see no difference when gaming. I also cant seem to get roblox to work correctly on my xbox one x... says no connection to sever. My daughter is begging me to fix this. Any one able to give me a better understanding and what to do to make sure my xbox is set up correctly....
Model: XR500| Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 12
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Hi Billy, firstly make sure all devices are connected to the R1 so that it can control your network effectively.

Set your Anti-Bufferbloat to 'Always' and put the download & upload sliders to 70% each. Also ensure DumaOS Classified Games is enabled under Traffic Prioritization.

What games are you playing on the Xbox? Add your Xbox to the Geo-Filter under the devices panel and leave it on filtering mode. Then set your home location to where you live and start with a 1000km radius. I haven't played Roblox before so if you have a problem connecting then switch the Xbox to Spectating Mode instead and you should be able to connect without issue.

I would also recommend going through the tours for QoS & the Geo-Filter. To do this click the ? icon next to their titles in the top menu bar beside the logos. This will get you to grips with how the features work.
Message 2 of 12
FURRYe38
Guru

What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem? Stand alone or built in router?

I would set IPv6 to disable if it's not already, Also try disabling beamforming and MIMO to disable as well.

Try setting NAT FILTER to Open instead of secure.

Message 3 of 12
Billybudz420
Apprentice

I am using the netgear cm1000 mode.I have the sliders at 70%. Do I need to add the xbox or just leave duma games or whatever it is checked only. The other question is where should I put the bandwidth for the xbox. I was wondering why disable wifi features its hard wired..... and why ipv6?
Message 4 of 12
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

You don't need to add the Xbox manually, the Xbox is covered by DumaOS Classified Games so you can just leave that enabled. Depends on your total bandwidth but I would give it at least 1mbps upload.

Not all devices support IPv6 so when connecting over the internet to servers/people that could have a negative impact - never seen it myself but IPv4 would prevent that. Plus QoS on the XR500 works for IPv4, we're adding IPv6 functionality in a later software. IPv6 doesn't give you a better gaming experience either so there is no harm disabling it. 

Message 5 of 12
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Hi Billy, just checking to see how you're getting on after my suggestions. Are you still experiencing the issues you were before?
Message 6 of 12
YoDaDDY
Guide

Hey man, that dude helped you out and all pretty snappy like. he left a final reply asking if he helped you get it fixed. seems like everyone on these threds never says thanks to that guy. 😞

Message 7 of 12
Billybudz420
Apprentice

Thanks man
Message 8 of 12
BoilerPlate
Apprentice

So were you able to get the router working correctly???
Message 9 of 12
Cdealva
Initiate

Just bought nighthawk x10 9000.  This does not play well with xbox one x.  Drops connection, looks for connection, can't connect, appears to be constantly roaming or rebooting.  Any help would be appreciated.  Have used smart connect on and off, tried to speed test said no Internet connection.  Opened nat filtering, 

Message 10 of 12
Netduma_Jack
NetDuma Partner

Hi there - I think you need to post in a different forum. This is dedicated to the Nighthawk Pro Gaming range (the XR500 and XR700).

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-WiFi-Routers/bd-p/home-wifi-routers-nighthawk

Message 11 of 12
FURRYe38
Guru

Please post here:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-WiFi-Routers/bd-p/home-wifi-routers-nighthawk

@Cdealva wrote:

Just bought nighthawk x10 9000.  This does not play well with xbox one x.  Drops connection, looks for connection, can't connect, appears to be constantly roaming or rebooting.  Any help would be appreciated.  Have used smart connect on and off, tried to speed test said no Internet connection.  Opened nat filtering, 

Message 12 of 12
Discussion stats
  • 11 replies
  • 12 kudos
  • 7 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7