× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: DHCP ISSUSE

Johnny4091
Aspirant

DHCP ISSUSE

I have a Night Hawk Pro gaming router and the DHCP is saying that my ISP is
10. 0. 0. 1 but it's really posed to be 192.168.1.254 how do I get it changed I have AT&T fiber optic
Please someone help!!
Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 17
Netduma_Alex
NetDuma Partner

I assume that 192.168.1.254 is the gateway IP of your ISP router? is your XR500 connected to your ISP router?

Message 2 of 17
Johnny4091
Aspirant

Yes it is. I also factory rest it to and the DHCP is Still showing 10.0.0.1 .
Thank you for ur response.
Message 3 of 17
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Did you set the .254 IP yourself? It's likely doing that to prevent conflicts, what is the LAN IP of the XR router?
Message 4 of 17
Johnny4091
Aspirant

No that's the AT&T DHCP I was told by AT&T

There's a picture of the LAN SETUP
Message 5 of 17
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

10.0.0.1 is the LAN IP of the XR router, that is completely normal, it has nothing to do with the IP of the AT&T router, that IP won't have changed.
Message 6 of 17
Johnny4091
Aspirant

I have a Tablo DVR and I can't access it on my firestick because it has a IP address of 192.168. 1. 28 but my firestick has an IP address of 10.0.0.24 when I call Tablo they said that the reason why my firestick and Tablo are not responding to each other is because of two different IP addresses now the Tablo is hooked up to the AT&T modem so is the Nighthawk so it should have a IP address of 192.168.1. ??? there is picture down below from the fire stick of the Gateway IP address the modem Gateway IP address is : 192.168.1.254
Message 7 of 17
Johnny4091
Aspirant

And plus I have Sonos in my home and I can't access them either cuz they are running on 192.168.1.89 and 90 I just hope that we can get this resolved because IP conflict is not good
Message 8 of 17
Netduma_Alex
NetDuma Partner

Did you enter the new wifi name and password after you got the XR500? It sounds like the fire stick is connected to the wrong device. Make sure it's connecting directly to the XR500's wifi name and password.

Message 9 of 17
Johnny4091
Aspirant

Yes I changed it and did another factory rest again and it connects to the right on but still same IP Address 10.0.0.??
Message 10 of 17
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

It sounds like you have devices connected to the modem, you should connect ALL devices to the XR500 then you shouldn't have a problem accessing them.
Message 11 of 17
Johnny4091
Aspirant

Everything is connected to that router just some Electronics don't run on 10.0.0.?? They run on a different IP address some have static IP address and no nothing is connected to the modem

Thank you guys for your help
Message 12 of 17
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Oh you said the tablo was connected to the modem? Where have you given these devices static IPs, on the devices themselves? If so remove that. As far as I can tell your at&t hub has the LAN IP of 192.168.1.1 which is what the default LAN IP for the XR would be so to avoid conflicts it's changed this to 10.0.0.1 for the XR LAN IP which means all devices connected to the XR should have the an IP in the 10.0.0.x range.
Message 13 of 17
Johnny4091
Aspirant

Some of the stuff that I bought online comes with a static IP address and my Tablo is hooked up by ethernet and you're telling me that my AT&T modem has a IP address of 192.168.1.XX to avoid any conflict the router set the IP address to 10.0.0.XX which don't make sense to me because the AT&T modem like you said has an IP address of 192.168.1.1 so why would it set it to a different IP address it should just follow what the modem IP address is instead of making its own
Thanks again
Message 14 of 17
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

The default LAN IP for the XR500 is 192.168.1.1, therefore it could not be the same as the at&t so it changed it to 10.0.0.1 to prevent a conflict. Devices connected to the XR router would have a different IP address in the range of 10.0.0.x instead of devices connected to the at&t in the range of 192.168.1.x this is expected behaviour and how it works. Otherwise the XR500 would act like a dumb switch and not a router. Devices don't come with static IPs, what devices are you talking about?
Message 15 of 17
Johnny4091
Aspirant

Well thank you so much for that information now it makes sense the Tablo I got the guy said on the phone that they all come with a static IP address which don't sound right at all
Message 16 of 17
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Yeah that doesn't make any sense at all, if it has got a static IP on it then you should remove that and allow it do gain an IP automatically.
Message 17 of 17
Discussion stats
  • 16 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7