× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

DHCP Issues

Tylerleepart
Aspirant

DHCP Issues

For starters; this is an on going issues with this router since day one.  I originally fixed by downgrading the firmwareto 2.3.2.22, however, I'm now using hybrid VPN, so I needed to update to the latest software.

Now, the issue; why does this router suck at assigning an IP, via DHCP?  It will literally take 5min+ to assign an IP.

If I set my device to static it works fine, since the router doesn't have to do anything.

This morning, 35 minutes and a router restart to get my work computer to connect to the network. WTF? (My work computer does not allow for static IP's).

Can someone please look in to this?

The router is great otherwise, but this has been a pretty bad bug for over a year, and no one seems to have come up with a solution.

Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 2
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Re: DHCP Issues

I'd recommend you try upgrading to the latest beta version that you can find here: https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-Pro-Gaming-DumaOS-3-0/bd-p/en-home-beta-npg-duma it does have some fixes for issues around DHCP and it's something the NG team are still looking into
Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7