× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: DUMA OS not loading (after update)

Galveyra
Aspirant

DUMA OS not loading (after update)

Hello,

I bought Nighthawk Pro Gaming XR500 around half a year ago.
Recently, I updated the OS to the newest version. As soon as the upgrade was completed and the router restarted, I was unable to access the dashboard.
Since then, whenever I try to access the dashboard, (either through routerlogin.net or the IP), I get on white screen with the message  "DumaOS not loaded yet! Don't worry we will redirect you shortly.". 
The website keeps refreshing on it's own, but doesn't change. I tried to delete the site's cache on my OC but that didn't work either.
I also tried to do a factory reset and access the dashboard from various sources (phone, a laptop and PC), but the result was the same. 
When accessing the router dashbord for the first after doing a factory reset, the auto config wizard pops up. After the wizard is done configuring the router, it once again gets to the same white page as described above. It's an endless cycle.

I already asked for help at Duma support, but after a short suggestion (which sadly didn't fix anything) they told me to ask for help on here as well (and in worst case, get a replacement router).
Of course I would like to fix the problem without getting a replacement router, so I was wondering if any of you experienced something similar and how did you fix it.

Model: XR500| Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 6
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

My colleague meant contacting Netgear via http://support.netgear.com/ as this is just their community support. How did you upgrade the firmware, using check and let it download through the interface or downloaded from the website and upload it?
Message 2 of 6
Galveyra
Aspirant

Ah, silly me - I started on the support.netgear.com and somehow wandered here without noticing the site address. 
The first time I upgraded the router via the interface. Yesterday, I followed the steps provided by another collegue of yours, Netduma Fraser.
This time, I managed to upload the img and reinstall the same version of the OS on the system.
After everything was once again set through the setup wizard, I ended up getting the same message again.

Message 3 of 6
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

That was me! Instead of uploading the same firmware using the interface link I provided, use an older firmware, once done can you access the interface?
Message 4 of 6
Galveyra
Aspirant

Good news, I followed your instructions and installed the version V2.2.1.10.
And it works! It loaded up normaly, I didn't even have to do a factory reset.
Should I leave it on the current version? update again? Or rather wait for the next update and try with that one?
Thank you so much for the help and for all the provided answers!

Message 5 of 6
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Fantastic to hear that! It's really up to you, I'd say it's always best to be on the latest firmware so maybe worth trying to upgrade again but factory resetting before and after. If it happens again go back as you know that works
Message 6 of 6
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7