× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Device Types & DUMAOS

alexrw
Follower

Device Types & DUMAOS

Does DUMAOS treat devices any differently based on the set Device Type in the Device Manager?  Will there be more options available?

It would be nice to have:

- Speaker

- IoT

- Light switch / power

- Thermostat

Model: XR500| Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 6
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Hi Alex, at the moment the only way it treats devices differently is if you have one of the console device types when adding it to the Geo-Filter it will automatically set it to filtering mode. All other devices will be set to spectating mode depending on the service you choose (don't get a service choice for consoles).

We will definitely be adding more device types like that! We need to be able to classify them. If you have those devices and would like to help with that please PM me.
Message 2 of 6
XRaptor29
Luminary

Add in Chromecast and Google Home also. I've got those set under Computer at the moment.
Message 3 of 6
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Great we can add those as well. If you want to help us classify it please PM me.
Message 4 of 6
DrPatchy80
Initiate

I would also like to know what to classify Chromecasts and iPads/iPhones that are used to stream. I want to make sure streaming doesn’t interfere with my gaming? Which is why I bought this router??
Model: XR500| Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 5 of 6
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Make sure they're not classed as any games consoles and that will avoid any potential issues in prioritizing the wrong devices.
Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 9 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7