× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Device manager reporting incorrectly/Changing link speeds on port.

Raansu
Tutor

Device manager reporting incorrectly/Changing link speeds on port.

So my issues are two fold here.

1.) Device manager is reporting incorrectly. Its stating ports that are empty are in use and showing devices offline when they are online. I've tried factory resetting and not updating the firmware and it does the same thing on the default firmware as the most up to date firmware.

2.) I seem to be having issues finding where to modify the ports themselves. Two of the ports are stuck on link speeds of 100Mbps and I cannot find anywhere in the settings to change them to full duplex/1000.

Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 7
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Re: Device manager reporting incorrectly/Changing link speeds on port.

Regarding the first issue I believe this is something we're aware of so will be fixed in the next firmware. If you downgrade then this should be resolved but you would miss out on security fixes. There are no port options for the router, they will run up to 1000Mbps depending on what ethernet cables are plugged in. What ethernet cables are you using, are they Cat5e or above?
Message 2 of 7
Raansu
Tutor

I use cat6 cables. I'm not sure about my roommate. He was the one only getting 100Mbps, but he gets the full 500 when I plug everything back into my router from my ISP. If I don't use my ISP router and plug the connection directly into my nighthawk I only get 100Mbps across the board, which lead me originally to having put my isp router into bridged mode.

I find it kind of odd that such an expensive router can't control port speeds manually though.

Message 3 of 7
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Disable QoS completely from the Anti-Bufferbloat option menu, do the speeds return then?
Message 4 of 7
dpweller
Guide

Great advice. Downgrade but then security is compromised. SMH.
Message 5 of 7
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

That's why I mentioned it, I'm not recommending it but stating what is missed out by doing so.
Message 6 of 7
Raansu
Tutor

I will give the qos setting a shot when the new firmware comes out. Thanks for the help.
Message 7 of 7
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7