× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Devices Connected

Hickery1995
Aspirant

Devices Connected

Hi, I seem to be having problem after problem, I dont really know where to start, so i've been playing my xbox one connected via wifi, started off i had a double nat, somehow thats sorted itself, not sure how but its open now, anyway, I decided i'd play my xbox via ethernet cable, so i did, and i kep getting an error message on my xbox saying i had no internet, my fix for this was changing my port on the xbox to automatic, my port was 3074, and after I plugged it in, it became 50136, is this going to be a problem? My nat is still open wether im wired on wireless, but ive always played on 3074, also when i plugged in my ethernet cable, the device manager shows up that i have 2 xbox ones, is this because it run off 2 different connections used to play, or should it only show one? I do apologise for the long message, just seem to be struggling quite a bit haha, would really appreciate some help, thankyou.

Message 1 of 3
XRaptor29
Luminary

It's recommended to reboot the Xbox when network changes happen. Should hopefully fix it.
Message 2 of 3
Netduma_Jack
NetDuma Partner

Try a reboot as Xraptor recommended. But I would also generally recommend a better setup.

First of all, see if you cane set your modem into ‘modem mode’ or ‘bridge mode’. If there’s no option for this, is there a DMZ option? You want to put your XR500 into that DMZ if you can.

Once you’ve done this, make sure you have UPNP enabled on your XR500. You should probably then delete your port forwarding rules.

Make sure you don’t have a static IP on your Xbox either after doing this.

If you get stuck, follow this guide: http://support.netduma.com/support/solutions/articles/16000076587-dumaos-optimal-settings-guide-nat

This should clear up and NAT issues / disconnection issues.
Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7