× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Disconnected from LAN

-Donovan-
Luminary

Disconnected from LAN

I recently upgrade my XR500 for a XR700. I was hopping not getting any Disconnected from LAN while I’m playing at Street Fighter V (SFV) on my PS4 Pro because every time I get kick out from the game server, I lose League Points. If this happens 3 times disconnected from LAN within 2 hours, I am automatically banned for 24hours as well a deduction of 1000 League Points.

You can see my old posts here:

NetGear XR500 | https://forum.netduma.com/topic/28042-disconnected-from-lan/

Netduma R1 | https://forum.netduma.com/topic/27085-disconnected-from-lan

I want to verify if they fix the issue Disconnected from LAN on the WAN Port that I noticed since the Milestone 1.3 on the Netduma R1. Sadly, this was not fix on XR500 and the flagship XR700.

On my XR700, I did the test from shipping public firmware v1.0.0.20 through v.1.0.1.10 on the WAN Port. The first shipping public firmware v1.0.0.20 is the worst, at two different moments, the first one is right after I log in on PS4 Pro account and the second one is after I’m in the menu of Street Fighter V. From there is just get disconnected from LAN in loop. I tried to reconnect either from the PS4 OS in the setting or inside the SFV menu but it just gets disconnected from LAN a few second right after and the message is popping up in loop.

I updated and tested out the remaining firmware v1.0.1.2, v1.0.1.8, and v1.0.1.10, they all having the Disconnected from LAN on the WAN Port at a random moment but less and sometime just enough that I get banned for 24 hours.

Model: XR700|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 13
FURRYe38
Guru

I have not noticed this issue with xbox. I have two xbox consoles on line. No disconnections whilie gaming. 

Wonder if this maybe a PS issue. 

Do you have IP address reservatsions set for your PS console ON the XR router? 

You might try this as well, set the default IP address pool size to 192.168.1.100 to .200. Then input a Static IP address ON the PS console thats outside of the new pool size. Input gatway and DNS as well ON the PS console. Let us know if this helps any. 

Message 2 of 13
-Donovan-
Luminary

I aldready tested your suggestion but no success..

Message 3 of 13
FURRYe38
Guru

And this only happens on PS and this particular game? Any other games as well? 

Message 4 of 13
-Donovan-
Luminary

I only play a P2P game Street Fighter V on Playstation or on Steam. I only get a disconnected from LAN on the WAN Port when I'm playing on my PS4 Pro. I use my Steam account when I get banned for 24h with the Playstation account.

Message 5 of 13
FURRYe38
Guru

I would check another game if you can. Maybe rent one for a day or two from Red box. Borrow a game if you have a friend or family member near by. 

Message 6 of 13
-Donovan-
Luminary

I don't thing it's going to change anything because I tried with another PS4 and PS4 Pro units and I get the same disconnected from LAN on the WAN Port.

Message 7 of 13
FURRYe38
Guru

Ok, I was going to mention checking with a different game console, this helps, however still need to test a different game to see if it's the game doing this or not would be a last test to check out. If a different game does same thing then I presume we can rule out the game and game consoles. 

Another test would be game console connected directly to ISP Modem.

Message 8 of 13
-Donovan-
Luminary

Yesterday, I tested the game Journey (PS4) and The Rockets League (PS4) and I got disconnected from LAN when I’m connecting my modem -> XR700 router -> PS4  but not when I’m using a setup modem -> PS4 Pro or a modem -> non-Duma OS router -> PS4.

Message 9 of 13
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Hi Donovan, I've just posted a response on your more recent Netduma topic regarding this. "Could you try with QoS completely disabled in Anti-Bufferbloat settings please and see if that resolves it. If it does turn it back on wait for it to happen again and then completely disable Traffic Prioritization, does that resolve it?"
Message 10 of 13
FURRYe38
Guru

Ok, sounds like this is a issue with the XR700 and PS consoles. Something NG needs to address. I know it's not happening with Xbox one consoles. 

@-Donovan- wrote:

Yesterday, I tested the game Journey (PS4) and The Rockets League (PS4) and I got disconnected from LAN when I’m connecting my modem -> XR700 router -> PS4  but not when I’m using a setup modem -> PS4 Pro or a modem -> non-Duma OS router -> PS4.

Message 11 of 13
-Donovan-
Luminary

Not really. Sometime after a factory reset some of my devices are not detected and labeled (Name & Device Type) correctly and some other devices (3 others computers and the Chromecast) on wired and wifi got disconnected. I need to manually reconnect or re-setup them.

Message 12 of 13
FURRYe38
Guru

What happens if you install a non managed network LAN switch between the XR router and the PS 4 pro? I have heard of others seeing problems with LAN connected devices directly connected to a router, however putting in a LAN switch in between sometimes resolves the issue. Something to try. Switches are inexpensive. I recommend NG GS105/108 series, D-Link DGS-105/108 series or HP Pro Curve 1400 series. 

Message 13 of 13
Discussion stats
  • 12 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7