× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Discord and geofilter

Torturedsole
Aspirant

Discord and geofilter

Hey guys and gals.

First off this xr500 is the bees knees , my net is so much smoother now and dumaos is brill.

Unfortuantly ive come across a bit of an issue.

I had the geo filter set up for basically just europe whilst i game on my desktop pc , who ever when raiding on WOW the other day the discord channel started to mess up a little bit , so the owner changed the server to somewhere outside of europe and my geofilter kicked in and boom i couldnt connect. Took me a while to figure out why i couldnt connect but i eventuaslly got there.

Question is  , is the something i can do on duma that lets discord connect world wide and i can still have my geofilter in place for games ?

Regards

And thanks in advance !!

Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 4
Netduma_Alex
NetDuma Partner

I'm glad you're liking your XR500!

When the Discord server is moved, does an icon appear on the Geo-Filter in another part of the world? This is likely the server you're now connected to, which can be clicked on and whitelisted if Auto Ping Host is deselected.

I can also do an update from my end to make sure Discord works correctly. The router updates its cloud information daily, and from my end I can set servers as permanently whitelisted. I will do a little research into which servers Dicord uses and i'll whitelist them.

Message 2 of 4
Torturedsole
Aspirant

Hi ,

Ive tried moving servers whilst watching the geofilter screen and i dont see anything new pop up for me to click , auto ping is off .Its definatly the reason i cant connect as i connected to US central discord server and my distance was basically europe , once i expanded to included the states discord then connected .

Thanks

Tony

Message 3 of 4
Netduma_Alex
NetDuma Partner

I'm doing a cloud update soon, should be today, which will whitelist all of the Discord voice servers. Hopefully this will fix your problem!

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7