× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Does Netgear still support XR700?

GamingMattyMatt
Aspirant

Does Netgear still support XR700?

Does Netgear still support XR700? Currently using FW version XR700 V1.0.1.50 and had a major issue with where it wouldn't even detect ISP all the sudden. I've a bunch of post on these forums where it appears they have abandoned this model. I had Comcast come out because I thought it was internet issue, but it was the router and I had to factory reset because router had some weird issue where it wouldn't detect ISP connectivity. Also the technician did show me on his equipment that the modem was in constant 900+ mpbs range. With everything unplugged (besides internet cable) and factory reset on router, with no other devices on router at the time, the router would only would perform around 400-600 mpbs. The technician said, "I would look into a different router." Now I'm not sure why router had this issue but afterwards I did attempt a firmware update, then searched online and found a lot of negative post on the XR700. I just need to know truthfully, is this product EOL?

If so that's fine and will go purchase something else, but need to know.

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

Re: Does Netgear still support XR700?

The XR700 isn't EOL, we're currently working on new firmware to fix many of the user reported bugs as well as introduce new features to bring it up to speed with our R2 router.

We are currently working with NETGEAR on a pretty complex bug, but once that's solved we should be ready to release it. We post our progress weekly at the link below.

http://support.netduma.com/support/solutions/articles/16000132677-dumaos-firmware-progress

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

The XR700 isn't EOL, we're currently working on new firmware to fix many of the user reported bugs as well as introduce new features to bring it up to speed with our R2 router.

We are currently working with NETGEAR on a pretty complex bug, but once that's solved we should be ready to release it. We post our progress weekly at the link below.

http://support.netduma.com/support/solutions/articles/16000132677-dumaos-firmware-progress

Message 2 of 4
GamingMattyMatt
Aspirant

Thanks for the update and letting me know it is not EOL.

Message 3 of 4
ShadowMelt
Apprentice

I have this router too and I hope we continue to get support
Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7