× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Does it Have Any Sense to buy Nighthawk Pro XR500 for Destiny 2 on PS4?

Ipponz72
Follower

Does it Have Any Sense to buy Nighthawk Pro XR500 for Destiny 2 on PS4?

Hello,

I live in The Netherlands and have a Fiber Optics 150/150 Mbps internet connection and i experience latency and bad hit detection in PvP.

Often it seems like more than a half of my bullets don't do any damage. Also i'm often dead at the moment i see the enemy appear on my screen. So probably the enemy was already shooting at me on his screen, before he appeared on my screen. I mostly even have a feeling that the enemies are actually standing somewhere else on their screens.

My question is: Will Netgear Nighthawk Pro XR500 help against these problems in Destiny 2 if i buy it?

Kind regards.

Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
Netduma_Alex
NetDuma Partner

The DumaOS QoS will help you to elimminate local congestion on your network, so if anybody else is doing anything bandwidth intensive in your house, it shouldn't affect your game.

The Geo-Filter allows you to filter your games by location and by ping, meaning you always get connected to a low ping game. The only problem is that Destiny 2 doesn't work brilliantly with the Geo-Filter due to the way their servers are structured. It still works, but it's less effective than in games where you connect to a single dedicated server.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
Netduma_Alex
NetDuma Partner

The DumaOS QoS will help you to elimminate local congestion on your network, so if anybody else is doing anything bandwidth intensive in your house, it shouldn't affect your game.

The Geo-Filter allows you to filter your games by location and by ping, meaning you always get connected to a low ping game. The only problem is that Destiny 2 doesn't work brilliantly with the Geo-Filter due to the way their servers are structured. It still works, but it's less effective than in games where you connect to a single dedicated server.

Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7