× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Double NAT issue xr500 with nighthawk m2

Josh93
Aspirant

Double NAT issue xr500 with nighthawk m2

Hello,

I recnetly moved out to the country side and was fortuinte enough to get 100mbs/25mbs via a mobile hotspot router through a local provider. I currently have MR2100 set up as an IP passthrough and disable the WIFI on it. Then I connected the device to my routers wan port and then connect our PC's and Xbox's via CAT6 etherent cables. I also opened up the ports for Xbox and other PC games I and my brother play. However i'm still getting a double NAT. From what I read on other forums i need to take the WAN IP and make it static, however the MR2100 doesnt have the feature to set a static IP address. Can anyone help me?

Model: MR2100|Mobiler Router Nighthawk M2, XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 4
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

You will need to put the WAN IP from the XR500 System Information page and enter this into the DMZ on the MR2100, you can see where the DMZ function is by using the manual here: https://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/MR2100/MR2100_UM_EN.pdf
Then you should have an open NAT.
Message 2 of 4
Josh93
Aspirant

@Netduma-Fraser thank you for the suggestion.

I attempeted to do that, however once the settings were saved on the Nighthawk MR2100 the WAN IP on the Nighthawk xr500 changes.

Do I need to turn off DHCP when doing this?

Do I need to set a static IP on the XR500?

Message 3 of 4
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

You can keep DHCP on, on the XR in Internet Setup just switch it over to static - it will use the same details already and then that should prevent it changing and keep the DMZ active.
Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7