× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Download speed cut to to 50% on xr700.

Alewi
Apprentice

Download speed cut to to 50% on xr700.

Greetings great community people,
since 2 months now I have a problem with my download speed dropped to half on my ps4 ( from 100 mbps to 50 mbps)! I never had it before and all was just great. I am an e-footbal pro player in pro evolution soccer, so what I care about is the stability of my bandwidth and that was the reason I went with the xr700. The only thing is the bandwidth allocation, high-priority devices and QOS. I Don't use geo-filter, cuz i have to play against teams from all around Europe.
Ps: my upload speed is stable like before( 40 mbps)
What I use:
Xr700 as a router connected to a modem working on v 1.0.1.34 since 2 days( before was 1.0.1.20).

Qos and bufferbloat on

Vlan 7 on

Ip6 off

Geo-filter off

Portforward on

DMZ off

Playstation 4 on high-priority (100 % with share exist)

I have tried everything I know and nothing works like...dmz on and off, upnp on and off, QOS on and off, portforward on and off, ip6 on and off, prioritization on and off...etc.
Looking forward for your suggestions.
Model: XR700|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
Alewi
Apprentice

Hi Fraser,
I manged to find the problem and It was my playstation 4! I initialized the ps4 and everything became in order again. I never heard that ps4 could cause bandwidth drops down, that why I didn't think of it. Thank you for your answer (: .
Ps: reset the ps4 to factory settings didn't solve the problem, it must be initialize!

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3

All Replies
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Games don't use much bandwidth at all and they primarily use upload. You have plenty of bandwidth. It won't use more than 1Mbps in most cases. Far more important for you is the ping, what is the ping you get to the game?
Message 2 of 3
Alewi
Apprentice

Hi Fraser,
I manged to find the problem and It was my playstation 4! I initialized the ps4 and everything became in order again. I never heard that ps4 could cause bandwidth drops down, that why I didn't think of it. Thank you for your answer (: .
Ps: reset the ps4 to factory settings didn't solve the problem, it must be initialize!
Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7