× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Dropping Connection When Gaming Online

JasonWarren
Follower

Dropping Connection When Gaming Online

I have been in contact with my computer manufacturer and my ISP and both have tried for months to fix my issue with no luck. 

I can be browsing the internet all day long with no issues but as soon as i decide to play any online game my connection will drop off and reconnect shortly after.

This happens in a cycle (Drop, Reconnet, Drop, Reconnect, Etc...) sometimes as many as 5 times

My PC is hardwired to the router and i have the latest firmware this issue has been going on for over 4 months.

We have tried updating the drivers for my Mother board i have purchased a 3rd partry lancard and updated the drivers and still nothing. 

Someone please help.

Model: R6700|Nighthawk AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Dropping Connection When Gaming Online

What FW is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem the NG router is connected too?

Is QoS and AntiBuffer Bloat enabled? Try disabling these and test again. 

Set a IP address reservation for the PC ON the router. 

Try a factory reset and setup from scatch. This time, just test gaming using default settings on the router. 

Message 2 of 3
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Re: Dropping Connection When Gaming Online

Do you own the R6700? If so I would suggest posting here: https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-WiFi-Routers/bd-p/home-wifi-routers-nighthawk as this area of the community is for NPG routers which runs different software.
Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7