× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
× Introducing the new Orbi 770 Series Mesh System. To learn more click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: DumaOS 3.0 Release for XR700

XR700-Owner
Apprentice

DumaOS 3.0 Release for XR700

So all of the DumaOS related forums have been closed and we can't reply on them anymore.  We were told multiple times from NetDuma that there was a 3.0 coming for release and that they had a "new system" as how they created and tested new FW. This new system would magically make the process so much faster.  Now the XR700 is one of the only NetDuma machines still running the 2.0 platform while every other NetDuma machine already has 3.0 and is in the process of getting 3.2.  After waiting all this time for DumaOS 3.0 final release, NOW we have to wait for the XR500 to get DumaOS 3.2 before we even get 3.0?  This is very unprofessional as we've been waiting years for 3.0 as a final release.  I get the response "Well we use the XR500 for our dev router so we're working on 3.2 for that now then porting over to the XR700".  If it was a simple port over (which from other closed forums it's NOT a simple port over) we would have had 3.0 on the XR700 shortly after the XR500.  So why is NetDuma giving us XR700 owners the run-around and double talk?  The R1 and R2 have 3.0. the XR500 and 1000 have 3.0.  Even their "Smart Modem" line all have DumaOS 3.0.  I honstely want to know why NetDuma chose to put the XR700 in the closet and work on upgrading every other piece of hardware TWICE before giving DumaOS 3.0 to the XR700. 

Message 1 of 10
FURRYe38
Guru

Message 2 of 10
XR700-Owner
Apprentice

Yes, I'm sure all us XR700 owners have been watching this page with high hopes. However, this doesn't answer any of my questions. It does show my point though - so thanks for that. 

Message 3 of 10
FURRYe38
Guru

Per "Netduma-Fraser
‎2022-08-11 10:21 AM
@XR700-Owner The XR500 is what we use as our dev router for the XR range and because we're working on 3.2 as a whole which is where the most development comes in, once complete we can port it to the relevant platforms."

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-Pro-Gaming-DumaOS-3-0/XR700-DumaOs-3-0-firmware/m-p/22479...

Message 4 of 10
XR700-Owner
Apprentice

Right, which is what I said in my original post. Do you not know how to read? Again, this doesn't answer any of my questions and only proves the points I've already made. Unless you have an answer to my questions you don't have to post anything - You're literally just posting stuff I've already said.

Message 5 of 10
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

None of the forums have been closed, they're all still open and able to be replied to. I understand you are frustrated but we are working on it, outside the link above there isn't any more information we can provide about the status of updates. The R1 basically has an Open Beta of 3.0, same with the 700. R2 got it first I believe, then the 500 was in beta for awhile and the 1000 had it pretty much from the start. Different platforms require differing amounts of work hence why they're at a different stage. Given 3.2 was already being worked on it would take more time to go back and put a full stable version of 3 on the 700. 3.2 is the firmware we plan to almost unify the platforms with so they're all at a relatively similar level.
Message 6 of 10
XR700-Owner
Apprentice

What's up Frasier! First, I can't reply on any of the other xr700 dumaos 3.0 forums so there's that. I'm not sure why but at least now I know others can reply. So why is it I can't reply on the forums I used to be able to? Second, why did NetDuma decide to start work on 3.2 when not all the machines even have 3.0 yet? Lastly, why say after 3.2 is written for the xr500 (because it's the dev router) it'll simply be ported over as you've started before it's not as easy as a simple port over? I just don't understand the logic of any of it.
Message 7 of 10
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Are you referring to this forum? https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-Pro-Gaming-Beta/bd-p/en-home-beta-firmware-npg If so it hasn't been used in a very long time so might be they've shut it done for a little while given it's not running a 'current' beta firmware. We are always iterating, we have multiple devs who work on different aspects some of which will go into 3.2 while others work on more current problems etc. We have to get the core of 3.2 sorted first, trying to literally build it on each platform would be counter intuitive, it's easier to port to different platforms than it is to build on each one separately.
Message 8 of 10
XR700-Owner
Apprentice

So I get that and it makes sense, but why didn't you guys do that with 3.0? Was it more of a process that was developed after the fact? Like when 3.0 was already out you had devs working on 3.2, created a new process to port and test and 3.2 will now be what we all thought 3.0 would be too unify all the dumaOS systems?
Message 9 of 10
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

From my understanding of it yes that is what happened
Message 10 of 10
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements