× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

DumaOS The Future or Not?

P111
Luminary

DumaOS The Future or Not?

I bought an XR500 a while back and unfortunately returned it because of some issues. But I always thought that surely DumaOS would be the future of home routers. So I was really surprised when I just peered at the latest routers from Netgear and saw that none of them have DumaOS. Am I missing something? Whats the news on all of this? Are there plans for DumaOS in the future?

Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: DumaOS The Future or Not?

DumaOS is gaming FW thus tuned and features for gaming routers, thus only seen on the XR series of NG routers. Thus not seen on any R or RAX or Orbi series systems. 

@P111 wrote:

I bought an XR500 a while back and unfortunately returned it because of some issues. But I always thought that surely DumaOS would be the future of home routers. So I was really surprised when I just peered at the latest routers from Netgear and saw that none of them have DumaOS. Am I missing something? Whats the news on all of this? Are there plans for DumaOS in the future?

Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7