× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

DumaOS keeps crashing and not finding Router

WhatitDo
Aspirant

DumaOS keeps crashing and not finding Router

3.2.56 is software patch, its about 1 month old. It filters the internet but Duma Os is not found i have to reset the router from the app and it will find it be fine for 3 to 5 hours and if i check it its gone again.

This is kinda pissing me off as i search and do not see anyone else having this issue currently, seems on older patches they were.

Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 21
WhatitDo
Aspirant

Re: DumaOS keeps crashing and not finding Router

now i cant even get it to load, i rebooted both the router and compter multi times, erased history, site data and cookies

Message 2 of 21
FURRYe38
Guru

Please downgrade the FW

Firmware Version 2.3.2.40 or
Firmware Version 2.3.2.32

Message 3 of 21
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Are you accessing via routerlogin.net or the LAN IP? If the former try the LAN IP and see if you get the same issue.
Message 4 of 21
WhatitDo
Aspirant

i tried both, and tried reinstalling router same issue not found

@FURRYe38 wrote:

Please downgrade the FW

Firmware Version 2.3.2.40 or
Firmware Version 2.3.2.32

Message 5 of 21
WhatitDo
Aspirant

its the same on both wont let me log on, goes to netgear showing how to clear cache

@Netduma-Fraser wrote:
Are you accessing via routerlogin.net or the LAN IP? If the former try the LAN IP and see if you get the same issue.

Message 6 of 21
FURRYe38
Guru

Press the reset button in back for 15 seconds then release. Connect 1 wired PC to the back of the XR router. Use FireFox or Opera browser and input 192.168.1.1 into the browser. Can you walk thru the setup wizard here and complete the setup? Be sure to write down all important information seen in the setup wizard. 

Message 7 of 21
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

You shouldn't get that redirection by accessing via the LAN IP, could you provide a screenshot of what you're seeing when it's not working through the LAN IP please?
Message 8 of 21
WhatitDo
Aspirant

so it was doing this and now it just does not find router at all, i can clear cache and cookies and nothing

@WhatitDo wrote:

3.2.56 is software patch, its about 1 month old. It filters the internet but Duma Os is not found i have to reset the router from the app and it will find it be fine for 3 to 5 hours and if i check it its gone again.

This is kinda pissing me off as i search and do not see anyone else having this issue currently, seems on older patches they were.

Message 9 of 21
WhatitDo
Aspirant

@Netduma-Fraser wrote:
You shouldn't get that redirection by accessing via the LAN IP, could you provide a screenshot of what you're seeing when it's not working through the LAN IP please?

Sorry what, to fully go through what it does it goes to admin sign in, which it does and makes me reset password and questions.

then goes to sign me in and its back at the same page as if i was trying to sign into Duma OS it netgears clear cache page

i Use the current firefox web browsing

Message 10 of 21
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Did you do the reset suggested above as that should definitely resolve it and allow you to go through the setup wizard again and access properly.
Message 11 of 21
WhatitDo
Aspirant

@Netduma-Fraser wrote:
Did you do the reset suggested above as that should definitely resolve it and allow you to go through the setup wizard again and access properly.

After the 3rd attempt it did let me, i am using XR500-V2.3.2.40.zip and its doing the same thing. I was able to use Dumaos 1 and went back to the netgear clear cache page, i reboot and clear cache and same thing i get the net gear clear cache page.

Message 12 of 21
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Did you perform the factory reset after the upgrade/downgrade as that is an important step.
Message 13 of 21
WhatitDo
Aspirant

Yes, I installed the old software, deleted the current.

Then did install new and rentered the old software

which i did all steps selecting new password and questions

same thing worked 1 time and back to cache clear page

Message 14 of 21
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

I'm not sure what you mean. Did you do a factory reset by clicking erase in Administration > Backup Settings or pushing the button in the back of the router for 30 seconds?
Message 15 of 21
WhatitDo
Aspirant

ive tried both ways

install New from app and computer, then go through like its a new device, I also did it by holding the reset button by the LED on off switch as i think the add new does not do a full reset.  I erased the newst patch so only the one ending in 40 is on my compture and i know thats the one its using as i can see it in the bios screen that what patch its using.

Message 16 of 21
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

You upgraded via the mobile app? So you went through the setup wizard each time? What do you mean you don't think it does a full reset? A factory reset will do a full reset. So on the System Information page on the router it says .40?
Message 17 of 21
WhatitDo
Aspirant

@Netduma-Fraser wrote:
You upgraded via the mobile app? So you went through the setup wizard each time? What do you mean you don't think it does a full reset? A factory reset will do a full reset. So on the System Information page on the router it says .40?

Not upgraded through the mobile app but add new device, if the wifi is still what i changed it too then it did not do a full factory resent just a re install of saved information from the device. It still goes through the steps to add password and questions when going through the app this way. The Software patch ends in 40 as i was told to down grade from the one ending in 56. I did a fully factory reset where everything went back to what is on the ID label on the route. I redo the set up and it shows i am using patch ending in 40 and Still is not working correctly. It will not access DumaOS.

Side question do you need to be signed into DumaOS on a computer for it to be working and using the GEO filter on a gaming console?

i tried to look and no answers to this, but in the end i would like to log in so i could see the ping and data to know if the server is good or bad to weed out ones that are probmatic.

Message 18 of 21
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Could you provide a screenshot of what you see when you can't access please?

No you don't need to view the interface to have the settings apply, once you've set them they're saved.
Message 19 of 21
WhatitDo
Aspirant

it wont let me access dumaos after everything is set up with the software patch ending in 40

Message 20 of 21
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Could you try accessing via the LAN IP and see if that works please?
Message 21 of 21
Discussion stats
  • 20 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7