× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

DumaOS

ExtraCrispy86
Initiate

DumaOS

Hello netgear forum staff,

I’ve been a user of netgear products since long before y’all decided to partner with Netduma. I also had the original Netduma R1 since 2014. So I’ve had years of experience dealing with both systems OS’s. I am not only amazed but dumbfounded at the fact that your two companies, since partnering up, don’t have the ability to push out a monthly or bi-monthly firmware release to address/repair the issues all of your customers are experiencing with your products. Why does it take 3-6 months to receive even a small adjustment with the resources and manpower Netgear has at it’s disposal? Especially with the amount of zeroday vulnerabilities increasing daily that y’all not only don’t adjust, but sometimes outright blatantly ignore. It’s almost if you want your customers to be susceptible to ransomware and don’t care if they complain constantly about faulty service with your DumaOS products.

Netduma staff, that length of time was understandable when y’all were just a starter company, learning and advancing not only your system but knowledge of networking and figuring out the best solution for each problem, that took time. But now that y’all have partnered with Netgear, that same amount of time is unacceptable. With all the sales on the new devices there is no excuse why your two companies can’t afford to hire the proper amount of staff to get things adjusted in a more timely manor.

Majority of IT/Networking products by other companies are updated within 2 months of finding out about any flaw within their devices. At some point you as a company need to try to regain your integrity and the respect of your customers, instead of having analysts checking to see if the product will still work to/if not a little past your projected planned obsolescence. I hope this message reaches you not as condemnation but as constructive criticism to encourage both companies to strive for even greater. I want to be able, as a gamer, to still be able to use both of your companies’ products, but if things can’t be handled properly, I’m afraid not only me but many other loyal customers are going to have to look elsewhere. There’s already been a large amount of YouTube content creators that have stopped using your products, switched to others devices, and have let others know not only how bad the products have become but also how inapt the support and engineering staff are to simplifying the constant problems with said devices. You shouldn’t have to pay for positive content/product reviews from certain YouTubers, these are already amazing devices, they just lack the consistent firmware fine tuneing needed to be the top of the line products you claim to offer. Please find a way to repair/update the products quicker and maybe even have a page showing problems noted/in process of repair/repaired per each firmware update that follows. There would be a lot less repeat comments if there was known issues page with daily updates of repair progressions.

Hope this message reaches you well and enocourges growth and the setting of higher standards for your products and consumers.

Thank you
Model: XR500| Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 2
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: DumaOS

I understand your frustration with the speed of firmware releases and we will continue to work with our customers on the community and other social channels to report these crucial issues to our engineers so they can be resolved. Thanks for your feedback. We'll escalate your concerns to our internal teams for review.

DarrenM

Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7