× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Dumas OS Device manager

mrekimf
Apprentice

Dumas OS Device manager

In reference to the Duma OS Device manager, its showing devices not connected(wirelessly) even though they are connected.

Also, can you not control when new devices connect to internet? Like I use to with my previous router R7000. There was a box or something to check, that when a new device would connect it would need my permission to connect, reguardless if they had the password. What would happen is once they connect, perrmision would automatically be denied until I turned it on with the phone app. I really loved that feature.

thank you

Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 13
IrvSp
Master

Message 2 of 13
Netduma_Jack
NetDuma Partner

Hi there - there's currently no pre-emptive blocking (ACL), but we will look to add this in the future.

Also, how are these online devices appearing as offline connected to your router? Are they through an extender/switch, or directly connected?And what type of devices are they?

Message 3 of 13
mrekimf
Apprentice

I dont know why you cant have the ACL now, if you have had it before?

Message 4 of 13
mrekimf
Apprentice

As for the items showing OFFLINE, they are just from the router,no switches or anything else, they are connected through wifi, items like a laptop and xbox, both are being used at time of checking connection, there not idle they are actually being used.

Message 5 of 13
Netduma_Jack
NetDuma Partner

On ACL - I think it was possibly due to a conflict between NETGEAR's software and the new Device Manager. We will aim to add this feature in the near future.

As for these offline devices, that's definitely odd. One thing to double check is there isn't another device with the same name showing as online? If you connect the same device over wired and then over Wifi, it will have two different devices in the Device Manager because the MAC address of the network adapters are different.

If it's not that, then could you try downgrading back to the previous firmware and see if that fixes the problem: https://kb.netgear.com/000060127/XR500-Firmware-Version-2-3-2-32

Message 6 of 13
mrekimf
Apprentice

So no one else has this problem? In reference to the Duma OS Device manager, its showing devices not connected(wirelessly) even though they are connected.

Message 7 of 13
Netduma_Jack
NetDuma Partner

If you try downgrading back to .32 it may be resolved there. Could you try this please?

Message 8 of 13
mrekimf
Apprentice

I would need help on how to do this.

thank you

Message 9 of 13
Netduma_Jack
NetDuma Partner

No worries, here's the .32 firmware: https://kb.netgear.com/000060127/XR500-Firmware-Version-2-3-2-32

Instructions on how to install are on that page too.

Message 10 of 13
mrekimf
Apprentice

Well it helped. But still showing my laptop still offline, which is what I am on right now.

Also, is there a way to downgrade the Android Genie App, cause of course it says "update" but its not showing any devices connected

thanks

Message 11 of 13
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

You might need to do a reboot or factory reset after the downgrade and your laptop should then show correctly. That's app is solely Netgears so wouldn't know the answer to that unfortunately.
Message 12 of 13
schumaku
Guru

@mrekimf wrote:

Also, is there a way to downgrade the Android Genie App, cause of course it says "update" but its not showing any devices connected

Well, since the latest update the Genie App (Android and iOS) does no longer connect to router no longer supported by the Genie App. 

Regardless of using the Genie App or the Nighthawk App (also supposed to support the Nighthawk Pro Gaming routers), the devices shown (or not shown) is a many year long Nightmare of devices shown/not shown, big differences of the local Attached Devices (here on Duma OS: Device Manager), names not permanently stored, device types out of sync [different sets implemented on the routers and the Apps], showing Ethernet instead of wireless, ... almost an endless list. @ChristineT  @Christian_R  please keep talking to the people in charge please! 

Message 13 of 13
Discussion stats
  • 12 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7