× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Ejecting USB Hard Drive xr500

WacoJohn
Luminary

Ejecting USB Hard Drive xr500

I have a USB 3.0 drive connected to my xr500 router.  It works perfectly on my home network.  I need to eject it, do a quick format on it, and reconnect it.  When I connected it the first time, I had to create one folder on it.  It was called USB.  My question is ... after formatting in on a PC and creating the USB folder, will it simply need to be reconnected to the router and then work as it does right now, or will I have to do all the GUI setup again?  Thank you in advance.

Model: XR500| Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Re: Ejecting USB Hard Drive xr500

More than likely you would need to go through setup again as it would be like connecting a different USB to the router for the first time.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5

All Replies
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

More than likely you would need to go through setup again as it would be like connecting a different USB to the router for the first time.
Message 2 of 5
WacoJohn
Luminary

I was afraid of that.  I have only done it the one time ... and even that was with tech support on the phone.  I am not sure I remember exactly how.  I guess I will have to find something in the user guide or online.  If you can refer me to a tutorial .. that would be great.  Thank you for the reply, and I will close thread as solved on your next reply.  Thank you again.

Message 3 of 5
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

You might be okay if you recreated the USB folder. Setup would depend on which USB feature you're using. I don't have any guides specifically, I'm not too familiar with the feature as it's a Netgear own feature
Message 4 of 5
WacoJohn
Luminary

I will have to just pull the trigger and see what happens.  It may come back to me.  Oddly, . I found a 'help' item that said simply plug in the drive and wait.  Then it asked me if this was helpful.  

Anyway ... thank you both for your time and attention.

Message 5 of 5
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7