× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Enable Traffic Prioritization on Escape From Tarkov

Pipodi
Tutor

Enable Traffic Prioritization on Escape From Tarkov

Hi guys,

I've just bought an XR1000 and I'm loving it so much. I've set up pretty much of the QoS as I want following the wizards. But I can't find guides/sources on how to prioritize games like Escape from Tarkov.

While I'm playing League of Legends, for example, under QoS tab I can see the two red lights next to DumaOS Classified Games and the number of packets sent/received goes up. But this doesn't happen while playing Escape from Tarkov. Also EFT is listed under Uncategorized:

Pipodi_0-1658486543392.png

On other hand, geo-filtering "works" as it detecs the server that I'm connected to, but sometimes not, it just detects the Battleye server and nothing else.

This is my PC:

Pipodi_1-1658486715713.png

and this is my XR100:

Pipodi_2-1658486823718.png

Can you guys help me figuring this out? Thanks!

Message 1 of 26
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

For Traffic Prioritization if it doesn't have your game listed you can make rules for the ports the game uses, you should be able to find the ports it uses online and then you can make the rules. We haven't specifically tested the game which is why it is hit and miss, when you see that Battleye server add it to your allow list and see if it filters more consistently.
Message 2 of 26
Pipodi
Tutor

I don't know why my replies are not posted, am I moderated or what?

Message 3 of 26
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

I can see you've made 5 posts in total but I can't see what the other 3 are so I'm not sure what happened there. Can you repost what you said previously?
Message 4 of 26
Pipodi
Tutor

Nothing, it seems I can't post anything...

Message 5 of 26
Pipodi
Tutor

I've created a rule in traffic prioritization using a port range found on the official forum, I started a game and no red light on the entry. I'm sure that the server port is in the range because I can see it in the game logs. The source range is all the available ports, UDP protocol. 

Message 6 of 26
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

Could you please attach a screenshot of your rule so we can see if there's anything that needs changing? I'd suggest attaching the image as an attachment rather than pasting it in so we don't have wait for it to be moderated.

Message 7 of 26
Pipodi
Tutor

I've attached a screen with the most information I could gather, I hope it's enough.

Message 8 of 26
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

I'm getting a lot of conflicting information online about what ports it uses but do 17000-17100 instead of 17025 and see if it works better please
Message 9 of 26
Pipodi
Tutor

Ok, just did it and still no luck.

As before, the port is within the range. I've tried with both rules enabled and then with the first disabled, still the same result.

Message 10 of 26
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Can you try TCP 11007,31780 please?
Message 11 of 26
Pipodi
Tutor

Still the same, with Wireshark I can't find a single packet sent via TCP to the server I'm connected to, so I think those ports are useless during the game session.

Message 12 of 26
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

I think the trouble is the range is much bigger and the port will change everytime, it would probably be best to use the Games Console service instead and it will definitely be prioritized
Message 13 of 26
Pipodi
Tutor

How can I do it?

Message 14 of 26
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

The same way you've added a rule but instead of choosing advanced, stay on basic and you'll see a list of services
Message 15 of 26
Pipodi
Tutor

Didn't find any "game service", but "games console" only. After 2 hours of EFT, I'm sitting at 0 packets.

Message 16 of 26
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

That's the right one. Check the device on the Device Manager and make a note of the IP address, then check the IP on the PC itself in network settings, do they match?
Message 17 of 26
Pipodi
Tutor

Yes, of course!

Message 18 of 26
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Hmm, they can't be the primary ports used then otherwise it would prioritize like the other games are for you. If you add your PC to the Geo-Filter (with PC set to PlayStation on Device Manager) does it show up servers when looking for a game?
Message 19 of 26
Pipodi
Tutor

Just tried, no server shown in Geo-Filter. But 2 days ago it was showing the server I was connected to.

Message 20 of 26
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

Could you please remove the device from both Geo-filter and Traffic Prio, then go to the three-line menu in Geo-filter and click 'Flush Cloud'. Once that's done, go to the three-line menu in Device Manager and click 'Flush cloud'.

After that, go back to Geo-filter and re-add your PC, make sure you select 'Choose manually' when prompted to pick a service.

Similarly, remove your previous rules from Traffic Prio, then re-add one for your PC and select 'Games Console' as the service.

Test again after that and see if it helps.

Message 21 of 26
Pipodi
Tutor

Same result, now Geo-filter does not recognize League of Legends servers, but its traffic is being prioritized correctly by DumaOS Classified Games rule.

Recap:

- EFT traffic/server not recognized by Geo-filter and Traffic prio

- League of Legends traffic recognized by Traffic prio but not by Geo-filter

The screen attached is the Geo-filter tab while playing League, but it's the same with EFT.

Message 22 of 26
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

Does the PC have a Wi-Fi adapter or any other interfaces? If so, can you please disable them to ensure that traffic is only going through the R2 and nowhere else.

Message 23 of 26
Pipodi
Tutor

No, the traffic is going though the ethernet interface because my PC doesn't have any other internet interface. Plus, I don't have an R2, but an XR1000.

Message 24 of 26
Pipodi
Tutor

Ok, your answer got me thinking. I went into Device Manager and I saw 2 devices with the same IP as my PC. I removed them and reassigned them the IP. Now the original prioritization rule works flawlessly with EFT.

Message 25 of 26
Discussion stats
  • 25 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7