× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Error Mac address and Ports

David_Antunes
Aspirant

Error Mac address and Ports

Hello i have same manufacture bugs with my xr500.

The 1 is my MAC ADDRESS:

2019-04-13.pngOn the back of my router the mac end with :78 on my windows is the same

The 2 is my ports i have active port 4  and the led is on but in the duma os th uses port 1

2019-04-13 (1).png

Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Error Mac address and Ports

Is the rest of the MAC address the same? I presume it's not and it shouldn't be. The last two characters not not enough to cause a problem. Only if the entire address is the same would it, however it shouldn't be. 

Message 2 of 9
schumaku
Guru

@David_Antunes wrote:

Hello i have same manufacture bugs with my xr500.

Same as ...?

@David_Antunes wrote:

The 1 is my MAC ADDRESS:

2019-04-13.pngOn the back of my router the mac end with :78 on my windows is the same

Nothing wrong:

• The MAC address printed on the label is the one for the LAN interface, so the same .78 you see on the connected clients.
  • The MAC+1 is the Internet/WAN interface MAC address.

@David_Antunes wrote:

The 2 is my ports i have active port 4  and the led is on but in the duma os th uses port 1

2019-04-13 (1).png

Current firmware? 

Message 3 of 9
David_Antunes
Aspirant

It is not "same" but some.
My mac address it is not the same printed on the back of my router and the mac address on

duma os software.

Message 4 of 9
David_Antunes
Aspirant

XR500 V2.3.2.40

Message 5 of 9
schumaku
Guru

@David_Antunes wrote:

It is not "same" but some.
My mac address it is not the same printed on the back of my router and the mac address on

duma os software.

You said printed and on Windows it shows :78 (this is the LAN interface MAC) while the :79 you see on the Internet screenshot is one higher as expeced - so again, perfectly right.

Message 6 of 9
Netduma_Jack
NetDuma Partner

Was there anything specific you were trying to achieve here that we can help you with?

Message 7 of 9
schumaku
Guru

@Netduma_Jack the OP mentioned "The 2 is my ports i have active port 4  and the led is on but in the duma os th uses port 1" was this addressed by some firmware updates, or do we face early manufacturing units where the numbers/printing/LED don't match?

Message 8 of 9
Netduma_Jack
NetDuma Partner

@schumaku  - thanks for clarifying. If it's an early unit, then the physical labels were incorrect,which may be the cause here.

@David_Antunes - what are you comparing the Device Manager port table to? The LEDs on top of the router, or the number of the port on the back of the router? Are they the same?

Also, how old is your router?

Message 9 of 9
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7