× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Error: Missing JSON response.

Rauko
Guide

Error: Missing JSON response.

A window with the message Error: Missing JSON response. keep popping randomly. its not the product of any interaction with the UI, it just randomly pops every now and then, really annoying.

Model: XR300|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 54

Accepted Solutions
Rauko
Guide

Re: Error: Missing JSON response.

In may case, and after a million different approaches, the solution seamed to be forcing the router an Rx300 to use a 192 based IP. on setup it always auto changed to a 10 based IP not to conflict with my network. I let it do it but I imediatly log via de http://routerlogin.com/adv_index.htm address and change it to 192. It has been workign just fine for now.

In any case, since Im here I have a rather offtopic question, is there any way of stopping numaos from asking me my log and pass every 15 mins or so when I have the page open? its a bit annoying. I want to monitor stuff so I have it open, but every now and then I have to confirm my credentials.

View solution in original post

Message 43 of 54

All Replies
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

If you reboot the XR, do you still receive the error message?

What devices are you accessing the interface from? A desktop/laptop or a mobile device?

Message 2 of 54
Rauko
Guide

Ive tried everything!! it keeps poping every 30 seconds!

The only things connected to the router are a Laptop PC and a PS5. I acces the modem cia my PC, a regular Lenovo laptop with nothing weird in it, in fact whe nI play I have ONLY firefox running.

Message 3 of 54
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

What page(s) do you see it on? When did you first notice the issue happening? Are you connected via ethernet or WiFi when accessing the interface? Are you using routerlogin.net or the LAN IP to access?
Message 4 of 54
Rauko
Guide

I see it on the filterin page, but dunno if it happens in others.

Since day 1

ruter, pc and ps5 are all connected via ethernet

Ive tried both ruterlogin and my local router IP, error happens in both, althoug I noticed it does it less frequent when login via de ip number

Message 5 of 54
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

Could you please do the following:

1. Remove your device from Geo-filter
  2. Click the three-line menu and hit 'Resync cloud'
  3. Once that's finished, Re-add your PS5 to Geo-fillter
  4. Select 'Choose manually'

Check if the issue continues after completing this process.

Message 6 of 54
Rauko
Guide

you mean flash cloud?

Message 7 of 54
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

Yes, my apologies.

Message 8 of 54
Rauko
Guide

still getting the json missing

Message 9 of 54
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

What firmware version are you on currently? Do you force the interface to use HTTPS? Are you using an Adblocker on Firefox?
Message 10 of 54
Rauko
Guide

Firmware Version

1.0.3.66_10.3.48

https is not forced, adblocker is disabled for the router page

Message 11 of 54
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Not sure how you have that version but this is the latest:
https://kb.netgear.com/000064355/XR300-Firmware-Version-1-0-3-68 I'd recommend upgrading to this and once it's completed factory reset from the interface, wait 2 minutes and see if the issue still persists.
Message 12 of 54
Rauko
Guide

same problem, in fact, it got worse with new firmware

Message 13 of 54
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

I'd suggest reupgrading the firmware using the TFTP method, this bypasses the boot process and any issues there then once done do a factory reset for the freshest install possible: https://kb.netgear.com/000059634/How-to-upload-firmware-to-a-NETGEAR-router-using-Windows-TFTP
Message 14 of 54
Rauko
Guide

still getting the error 

Message 15 of 54
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Does your web browser have an Adblocker on it? Are you forcing a connection to the interface using HTTPS?
Message 16 of 54
Rauko
Guide

I reset my router, reinstalled the firmware via the process you suggested, I stated using it with minimal settings, I tried with 4 different browssers (edge, firefox, chrome and brave) all had adblockers disabbled and all my virus and internet protection was off, I even disabled windoes firewall. I was not forcing a secure conecction.

same problem, json failed to load

Message 17 of 54
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Right click the page when it occurs, then go to the Console and take a screenshot of the error that appears there please. Do you have an Anti-Virus on your PC enabled such as BitDefender?

Message 18 of 54
Rauko
Guide

were is this Console? and no, no antivirus... btw, now settings dont load unles I reboot

Message 19 of 54
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

In Chrome, right click the error and click 'Inspect element'. In the panel that appears, go to the console tab and take a screenshot.

Message 20 of 54
Rauko
Guide

Message 21 of 54
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Thanks for that, when did the error first occur, after changing a setting, rebooting, upgrading etc?
Message 22 of 54
Rauko
Guide

its been happening like forever and all the time, I cant pinpoint when it started, but it was almost imediatly after starting using the router

Message 23 of 54
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

I'd suggest trying to downgrade to some older versions and see if it still occurs on those
Message 24 of 54
Rauko
Guide

which version do you suggest and were do I get it

Message 25 of 54
Discussion stats
  • 53 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7