× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Feature Requests

wub901
Guide

Feature Requests

Hi how do you go about submitting feature requests ?

Model: XR500| Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 10
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Hi wub, you can list them here and we can take those on board as we (Netduma) developed DumaOS.
Message 2 of 10
wub901
Guide

On the ipv6 settings an option for 6in4 such as hurricane electric.

A Fix for adding console to traffic prioritization PS4 shows as XBOX maybe change to games console or an option to manually rename it.

More than 1 ip in the DMZ aka linksys routers have this.

Option to use other VPN providers?

Message 3 of 10
wub901
Guide

Reboot router a schedule option added.

That's just a few that I can think of

Message 4 of 10
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

|On the ipv6 settings an option for 6in4 such as hurricane electric.

That's a Netgear setting so will be something for Netgear to introduce, I'll note it down and pass it to them.

| A Fix for adding console to traffic prioritization PS4 shows as XBOX maybe change to games console or an option to manually rename it.

That's just a typo but will be fixed. Works for PS4 as well. No need to add a manual service though as DumaOS Classified Games covers consoles as well.

| More than 1 ip in the DMZ aka linksys routers have this.

That's a Netgear setting so will be something for Netgear to introduce, I'll note it down and pass it to them.

| Option to use other VPN providers?

We're working on a VPN solution that will replace the existing VPN client and will allow for other providers.

| Reboot router a schedule option added.

Message 5 of 10
NuttyBuddy
Aspirant

Power Options for controling the 2.4 ghz and 5ghz wireless.

A) It would be nice to set this up with a few Access points and control how much area is covered and when devices should switch over.

B) In my experience lowering the 2.4ghz power would allow 5ghz devices to stay on 5ghz and benefit from the speed increase.

Message 6 of 10
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Those are for Netgear but I've added them to the list, thanks for the feedback!
Message 7 of 10
NuttyBuddy
Aspirant

I found  the power options under advanced wireless LOL.. you could put those in wireless settings or a sub directory for advance wireless under wireless settings for clarity and convience.

Nice work on the OS btw.

Message 8 of 10
Netduma_Jack
NetDuma Partner

Thanks Nutty! 

Message 9 of 10
JS25
Initiate

Ability to hide or delete a group of devices on the device manager.  I have over a hundred showing...  and I know we don't have that many in our house or that have ever been connected!

Message 10 of 10
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7