× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Firmware Version 2.1.0.6 link broken?

Firmware Version 2.1.0.6 link broken?

Is there a new firmware out? I get an error when I go through support site.

https://www.netgear.com/support/product/XR500.aspx#Firmware%20Version%202.1.0.6

Thanks

Model: XR500| Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 8

Accepted Solutions

I appreciate it. It turned out to be my ISP. It was so intermittent it looked ok directly wired. I found out hours later not so much. Sorry for the inconvenience.

View solution in original post

Message 8 of 8

All Replies
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

It was removed but a version will be out very soon.
Message 2 of 8

Updated and factory reset and i am still losing packets/lagging. Any gaming is impossible. Tried downgrading to 2.1.0.4 and still same behavior. Hard wired to router still does the same thing. Hard wired directly to modem and all works so it’s definitely my router....
Message 3 of 8
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

What console are you having issues with lag on? Is it just your gaming that is affected or do you experience buffering on YouTube for example on a PC?

How are you measuring your packet loss?

There are 3 likely causes for your lag issues. The first is that you need to be connected via ethernet to your game console, as great as the XR500 WiFi is I would always recommend wired. If you are on WiFi this could fix your issue immediately.

The 2nd is that you're experiencing local congestion & have not setup your QoS settings correctly. Set your Anti-Bufferbloat to 'Always' & give the download/upload sliders both 70%. For Bandwidth Allocation leave both download/upload equal. Ensure that share excess is enabled for both download & upload on Bandwidth Allocation.

The last cause is the Geo-Filter, that you're not utilising it to obtain a close server and thus getting a far away server which causes lag. If you are getting a local server then it could be the server itself causing issues. In which case I would recommend moving your home location/radius to avoid it. I would recommend using the Profiles on the Geo-Filter to setup the Map settings accordingly.
Message 4 of 8

PlayStation and xbox and all other devices pc,mac, Roku are affected.

I haven’t measured packet loss,but just by observing getting kicked out of parties and not being able to login.

Wired has the SAME behavior.

I have fiber with 200mb down and have tried many QOS settings even have it turned off completely with only my console on the network. Still same

I have turned off geo filter and also tried moving the radius further and closer.

Again if I wired ps4 directly to my modem everything is fine. Not sure what to do at this point
Message 5 of 8
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Please download & install TeamViewer then open the application and PM me the ID & Password it gives you. I can then connect to your PC and take a look.

Message 6 of 8
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

I am based in the UK & so will be around for the next 4hrs to help on TeamViewer. If you're not available in that time I have PM'd you my email address, you can contact me directly that way and we can set up a time for TeamViewer. I really want to help resolve your situation.
Message 7 of 8

I appreciate it. It turned out to be my ISP. It was so intermittent it looked ok directly wired. I found out hours later not so much. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Message 8 of 8
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7