× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Firmware download

PB975
Follower

Firmware download

I am attempting to download a firmware update. The instructions say to access the url routerlogin.net. The url is asking for a user name and password. neither my netgear username and password nor the router username and password will satisfy the request. How do I log into this url?

Message 1 of 3
schumaku
Guru

Re: Firmware download

The XR500 download are provided on the Netgear support page -> Netgear Support - XR500 Downloads.

The routerlogin.net URL is intended to reach your router when being connected to it's LAN or WLAN. Alternate, use the router LAN IP address, by default it's http://192.168.1.1/ if I'm not worng.

If you are on a different location, and there is a Netgear consumer router in the data path to the Internet - you will reach that device login page. 

Message 2 of 3
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Re: Firmware download

Hi PB975, is the issue you're having with the XR500 or a different Nighthawk router? If it is a different Nighthawk router you would receive a much faster and more accurate response at: https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-WiFi-Routers/bd-p/home-wifi-routers-nighthawk

Assuming you're on the XR500 (though most of this information will help anyway). I believe the default login information is admin & password. If not it should have that information printed on a sticker on your router (probably the underside). If not of that is working and you still can't connect to it do a factory reset by holding the reset button in at the back for around 20-30s. Then it will take you through the setup and you can set the login details yourself there. Also the information given by schumaku I would recommend you try that first.
Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7