× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Firmware to fix download speeds cut in half?

Roadrunner79
Guide

Firmware to fix download speeds cut in half?

Can I get a firmware to try aside from the AZ 1009 beta???? I have tried everything to figure this out but my download speed is cut in half. Upload is not affected.

Model: XR500| Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 11
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

If we can figure out what's causing it we can fix it. Its either to with PPPoE, VLAN or IPv6. Those are the only scenarios we've seen the issue with.
Message 2 of 11
Roadrunner79
Guide

Isp was here on Sunday. Everything on there end is fine. PPOE and VLAN are disabled. Netgear asked me to change  the MTU which did not help at all. 

Message 3 of 11
Roadrunner79
Guide

Isp was here on Sunday. Everything on there end is fine. PPOE and VLAN and IPV6  are disabled. Netgear asked me to change  the MTU which did not help at all. 

Message 4 of 11
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

As this is a new topic can you remind me of the specifics of your case please i.e. expected speeds, what you get, qos settings and what you've tried
Message 5 of 11
Roadrunner79
Guide

All week long netgear XR500 has failed to detect bandwidth. Meanwhile the modem is fine. 

Message 6 of 11
Roadrunner79
Guide

Message 7 of 11
Roadrunner79
Guide

Attachment 

Message 8 of 11
Roadrunner79
Guide

I am crunkjuice1 over on netduma.

Message 9 of 11
OlegP
Apprentice

I feel like you’re having the exact issue as me.

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-Pro-Gaming-Routers/Latest-2-3-2-32-firmware-cripples-the-...

I changed my modem to a totally different brand and that seemed to fix the halved download speed issue. Unfortunately, now I’m experiencing a different bug.

Are you within return policy at the retailer where you got your router? I highly recommend returning it. Maybe rebuy it 6 months later when the firmware is actually working right. If you decide to keep it then prepare to beta test it with the rest of us fools.

Message 10 of 11
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Crunk the speed test results is fixed in a later firmware but if you manually enter your speeds in Anti-Bufferbloat does it work okay?
Message 11 of 11
Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7