× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Firmware update

JAS107
Tutor

Firmware update

Hi there

Ive had this Xr500 & has worked perfectly since late 2018.
Ive a Wifi issue 2.4ghz as have apple homepods to which need to be on this (NOT 5ghz) on my Nice Gate openers
The gate openers cannot see the 5ghz network (you cannot use a wifi extender as it cannot see this either & to which creates a network issue as phone connects to 2.4Ghz xr500 & Nice IT4WIFI was to connect to an extender for instance, apple home states its on different networks *I have tried various settings such as:
Disabling MMU, co existence settings, turning off smart, selecting just Ch 6, 10 or 11 but some devices do not work when I manually select especially the gates and so on (Cannot think of everything now) that Nice have recommended

I have to run on smart 2.4ghz to see all apple products , Nice IT4WIFI gate openers & Sky Q tv & sky boosters *if I connect 5ghz the sky disconnects each night...

My issue is every 4-5 days on Nice gates wifi & sky products the smart, runs a new channel: Sky will re-connect but gates have to go through a reset process outside in electric panel)
I cannot see that the device ip changes But if I disable smart, gates work then Sky does not over night
Is there a firmware update *I've never done One
That would fix this or am I getting a setting wrong?

Thanks guys

Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

I think I understand the issue, could you please set reserved/static LAN IPs for your devices in LAN Settings please. That should hopefully stop the disconnects. Then untick Disable IGMP Proxying in WAN Settings and that should help with Sky. If you're still running into issues disable QoS completely from the Anti-Bufferbloat 3 line option menu on the QoS page. What firmware are you on? You can find out by going to the System Information page.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4

All Replies
plemans
Guru

What modem are you using? 

Seems like the Nice Gate openers are a bit flaky in their coding from what you've written. 

Message 2 of 4
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

I think I understand the issue, could you please set reserved/static LAN IPs for your devices in LAN Settings please. That should hopefully stop the disconnects. Then untick Disable IGMP Proxying in WAN Settings and that should help with Sky. If you're still running into issues disable QoS completely from the Anti-Bufferbloat 3 line option menu on the QoS page. What firmware are you on? You can find out by going to the System Information page.
Message 3 of 4
JAS107
Tutor

Hi There

Thanks for information, I've carried out (except QOS anti buffer as yet) So thanks for your great assistance, most appreciated

Info: Firmware XR500 V2.3.2.56

Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7