× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Fix for known XR500 issue: "R-app is not loaded yet. Please try again in a minute"

droman
Admin

Fix for known XR500 issue: "R-app is not loaded yet. Please try again in a minute"

If you are receiving the error message "R-app is not loaded yet. Please try again in a minute" after completing the welcome setup on your XR500 Gaming Router, please follow the steps below to fix this issue. This is a minor issue with the manufacturing (teething problems) that has no impact on software/hardware so everything will work as intended after these steps:

1. Go to http://192.168.1.1/adv_index.htm or http://routerlogin.net/adv_index.htm This will bring up the old Netgear UI in fullscreen (it won't look great but it is usable). Now manually upgrade to the latest version of the firmware by following the steps here:  https://kb.netgear.c...Version-2-1-0-4
  2. After the upgrade has completed, please wait for 3 - 5 minutes to give enough time for the new version to complete installation). 
  3. Try access http://192.168.1.1 or  http://routerlogin.net
  4. Everything should now be working but if it does not, please post in this topic

We are sorry if you are affected by this problem during your first experience of the router.

Thanks for your patience and have fun using DumaOS on your NETGEAR Gaming Router!

Dave

Message 1 of 15

Accepted Solutions
TimChang
NETGEAR Employee

Re: Fix for known XR500 issue: "R-app is not loaded yet. Please try again in a minute"

You could find the firmware upgrade function in menu “Administration” -> “Firmware Update” 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 15

All Replies
TimChang
NETGEAR Employee

You could find the firmware upgrade function in menu “Administration” -> “Firmware Update” 

Message 2 of 15
Webrider357
Guide

The solution did not work. The first thing I did was use the interface to update firmware. Cant get 2.4 wifi to work. It also stopped DumaOs from working. I did the manual dl and browse and it said my firmware was the same numbers, i installed the dl anyway. Still no luck on either issue. This doesn't bode well for a $300 router. I am not impressed out of the box. I will give these issues 3 days before returning and going another route pun intended. 

Message 3 of 15
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Hi Webrider357, sorry that you encountered that issue it stemmed from a factory problem that has since been resolved so this will not happen again.

Please do a factory reset from the button in the back of the router. You need to hold it down longer than you would think 20-30 seconds then let go. Please then access the interface and go through the Setup Wizard, after that has completed you should be able to access it correctly.
Message 4 of 15
Webrider357
Guide

Found the other set of instruction where you do a manual reset on the router. That kept the same new firmware I downloaded but reset all the settings to factory. I had to resetup the internet connection. It did nothing for the issue and I still don't have wifi radios being seen by my phone. I tried using the button on the router to turn radio on off no luck. I used the interface to turn radio on off no luck. I have spent 7 hours now f ing with this router It will get 1 star on Amazon and is going back Monday. Garbage quality control.

Message 5 of 15
Webrider357
Guide

I guess the radios are dead? I can turn them on off by either the button on top or the Neggear interface. If i use the interface it kills the ligts on the buttons so it looks like it takes the command. My phone doenst see the wifi at all. The radio lights on top of the router say they are on but the activity lights on front are black. The R-App still wont work, re reset it this morning. I used a config save so it wasn't so bad to re setup. Still no R-App, I have to use the old r7000 address to get to a router interface. Well I took a day off to set it up looks like it will have to use it to package it back up and send back to Amazon. What fun. I waited a week for Amazon to get one to send. Guess I will try the ASUS ROG router next always had good luck with their motherboards. I would give my Nighthawk R7000 5 stars I give this one 1 star, at least it had internet. 

Message 6 of 15
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Hi Webrider357, this is a setup/configuration issue so I'm here to help immediately. Please could you download TeamViewer from here: https://www.teamviewer.com/en/download/windows/ and install it. Then open it and private message me the ID & password it shows you. Then I can connect to your PC to take a look at the issue. I'm very confident I can get this fixed for you.
Message 7 of 15
Webrider357
Guide

Did the 1.6 update this morning. It killed my router. I used the the internal interface to check for updates and then update to 1.6 from 1.4. I can't get into the router now at all. Tried a hard reset twice for 30 plus seconds, I timed it. Now I can't connect using even the old r7000 interface. It is toast, putting it in the box. Back on my r7000 to write this. 

Message 8 of 15
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Okay I think I know what the cause is. Can you jump on TeamViewer & send me the details please and we can get this sorted.
Message 9 of 15
Webrider357
Guide

I will say, i have never had this level of customer service from any company ever. The heroic efforts of Fraser to link into and resurect my router after 1.6 firmware locked it up was amazing to watch on teamviewer. He spent all moring working on my router remotely. I am impressed with his level or professionalism, I am not the easiest person to deal with when I am ticked. But I didn't type any bad words, so I wasn't that unglued. But still, great customer service and attention to detail as well as expertise. I will wait for the replacement, In manufacturing much less software, stuff happens. Looks like another week of getting my butt kicked online until a new router arrives. 

Message 10 of 15
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Really appreciate you saying that thank you. Happy that it will all be taken care of soon.
Message 11 of 15
brainguynyc
Tutor

Soooo...should I buy this router?

Message 12 of 15
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

If your worry is about this error there is no need to be concerned, this was a launch issue which has very quickly been resolved already.
Message 13 of 15
Webrider357
Guide

Yes, they fixed the issue immediately. The router is working flawlessly. If this site hadn't sent me an email of this post I wouldn't have been back. You know you or I should say I only come to these sites when I have trouble. When everything is working I never bother. They have amazing support is all I can say. I Highly recomend this company for what ever router of theirs you choose.

Message 14 of 15
brainguynyc
Tutor

Thank you for the response. I decided to purchase the R9000. Hope I made a good decision <fingers crossed>

Message 15 of 15
Discussion stats
  • 14 replies
  • 5 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7